9/25/18 South Franklin Township, PA Man Arrested – Tried To Disarm Trooper And Steal Pennsylvania State Police Cruiser – Tased And Taken Out Of Driver’s Seat
September 26, 2018
A South Strabane Township man was arrested Sunday by state police after he allegedly tried to disarm a trooper and steal his cruiser during an incident on Airport Road in South Franklin Township.
Aaron Isaac Yoder, 38, of 117 Statement Ave., is charged with disarming a law enforcement officer, resisting arrest and two counts of theft.
Police were called to the 200 block of Airport Road about 11:45 a.m. for a report of a suspicious vehicle. When police arrived, they spotted Yoder standing near a man’s vehicle. The owner of the vehicle said he saw Yoder going through the vehicle. Yoder was holding a wireless speaker when he was confronted by the man.
While Trooper Matthew Moss spoke with the man, Trooper Michael Piscitelli placed Yoder in the front passenger seat of his vehicle as he called for assistance.
Yoder then allegedly got into an altercation with Piscitelli inside the cruiser. Moss tried to gain control of Yoder, who continued to struggle with the troopers until Piscitelli used his Taser.
Yoder was pulled from the cruiser and placed in handcuffs. Piscitelli reportedly asked him why to was trying to steal a police car. Yoder reportedly responded he did not have anywhere else to go and did not want to get arrested.
Piscitelli told Moss Yoder tried to jump into the driver’s seat of the cruiser and attempted to grab the trooper’s gun from his belt during the altercation inside the vehicle.
Yoder was arraigned before District Judge Jesse Pettit and placed in Washington County jail on a $20,000 percentage bond. He is scheduled for an Oct. 1 preliminary hearing before District Judge Ethan Ward.
- 02/17/19 Chapmanville, WV – DUI Suspect In Handcuffs Steals Police Cruiser – Hits 3 Civilian Vehicles And A Second Police Cruiser – Arrested
- 02/15/19 Rochelle Park, NJ – Burglary Suspect Caught By Residents On Second Floor – Jumps From Roof To Get Away – Jumps Into Police Car When He Thought It Was The Lyft That He Called – Arrested For Attempted Theft
- 02/10/19 Colorado Springs, CO – Suspicious Person Call – Man Jumps Into Marked Cruiser – High Speed – Rolls Marked Cruiser Several Times – Shutdown Highway For Hours
- 02/8/19 Columbus, OH – Overdose Call – Police Revive Man With Narcan – He Was Given CPR By Bystanders First – He Jumps In And Steals Their Police Cruiser – Escaped – Abandoned Cruiser
- 02/8/19 Turlock, CA – Parolee Enters Secure Area Of Police Station – Is Found Attempting To Steal Patrol Car – Captured
- 02/7/19 Chattanooga, TN – Man Fights With Police Officer – Steals Patrol Car – 100 MPH Chase – Gets Stuck In Mud – Police Had To Break Window – Handgun And Meth Found On Him
- 02/5/19 Corpus Christi, TX – Lengthy Pursuit – In Custody Suspect Steals Patrol Car – Slams Into Innocent Woman’s Vehicle with Three Juveniles – Five Taken To Hospital
- 02/4/19 Asheboro, NC – Randolph County Sheriff’s Officer Had A Family Member Steal A Patrol Car From The Home Of The Assigned Member – The Sheriff’s Officer Member Was Away At The Time – Totaled Patrol Car – 17 Year Old Arrested
- 02/3/19 Detroit, MI – Marked Dodge Charger Stolen While Officer Left It Running – Suspect Arrested Under The Influence
- 02/1/19 Kansas City, KS – Traffic Stop – Suspect Steals Marked Police Cruiser – Pursuit – Crash Into Ravine – Suspect Escapes – Tries To Climb In Taco Bell Drive Up Window – Arrested