9/15/18 Cherokee County, SC – Suspicious Person Call At Mary Black Gaffney Hospital – Woman Steals Cherokee Deputy’s Patrol Car – Pursuit – Spike Strips – Crashes Into Spartanburg Deputy’s Car – Injured Woman
September 15, 2018
A call about a suspicious person at an Upstate hospital led to the theft of a patrol car, a two-county pursuit, a crash and the arrest of a 54-year-old woman, according to Cherokee County Sheriff Steve Mueller.
Mueller said a deputy was called just after 6:30 a.m. Saturday to Mary Black Gaffney Hospital about a suspicious person. When the deputy went into the emergency room waiting area to speak with the person, a woman jumped into the deputy’s patrol car and drove away, Mueller said.
A Gaffney police officer saw the patrol car on U.S. Highway 29 moments after it was reported stolen. As the officer pursued the stolen car, it crashed into another vehicle and kept going, Mueller said.
The chase continued through Spartanburg County and into Union County on U.S. Highway 176, where police used spike strips, causing the patrol car to crash into a Spartanburg County deputy’s car, Mueller said.
The suspect, later identified as Kim Marie Dye, of Gaffney, was taken to the hospital for treatment of minor injuries, Mueller said. He said no deputies were injured in the chase or crash.
Mueller said the South Carolina Highway Patrol is also investigating the crash, and multiple charges from several agencies are expected.
- 12/14/18 San Diego, CA – Man Steals City Park Ranger’s Truck – Chased On Freeway With Siren Blazing – Got Off Freeway – Ditched The Truck And Ran – Captured In Canyon Barefoot
- 12/13/18 San Francisco, CA – Man Breaks Into FBI Facility In San Francisco – Steals FBI Unmarked SUV With Body Armor – Man Arrested At Golden Gate Park Smashing Into Objects
- 12/12/18 Kaufman, TX – Reckless Driver Traffic Stop – Felon In Possession Of Firearm Arrest – Felon In Handcuffs Smashed Patrol Car Cage – Steals Kaufman Police Car – Chase – Crash – Arrested Again
- 12/11/18 Canton, MS – Inmate Steals Madison County Sheriff’s Office Van – Inmate Stole The Van When Returning To Jail From Court – Officer’s Firearm Left In Van – Escaped – Massive Search
- 12/8/18 Little Rock, AR – Traffic Stop Of Intoxicated Man – Assaults Two Deputies And Steals Pulaski County Sheriff’s SUV – Crash Into Other Sheriff’s Vehicles After Long Chase – Three Deputies Injured
- 12/5/18 Billings, MT – 18 Year Old Man Punched Police Officer – Tried To Steal His Patrol Car While Naked After Foot Chase – Tased And Arrested
- 12/3/18 Canterbury, NH – Crashed Vehicle Accident – 18 Year Old Male Assaulted A Woman With A Pipe – Man Jumps Into New Hampshire State SUV And Couldn’t Put It In Drive (Tremco Save) – He Is Handcuffed – Put In Second NH State Patrol Car – Climbs Into Front And Tries To Steal 2nd Patrol Car – Couldn’t Get It Out Of Park (2nd Tremco Save)
- 11/29/18 Spartanburg, SC – Pickens County Sheriff’s Deputies Were In Pursuit Of A Stolen Vehicle – A Pickens Police Officer Foot Chased Suspect – Man Steals Patrol Car – Police Officer’s Find My Phone App Located Abandoned Patrol Car – Escaped
- 11/22/18 Simpson County, MS – Handcuffed Man Steals MISSISSIPPI HIGHWAY PATROL CAR – Pursuit – Steals Second Vehicle – Ditches It – Steals 3rd Vehicle With Gun In It – Escaped – Massive Search
- 11/21/18 Brevard County, FL – Inmate Steals Brevard County Sheriff’s Unmarked Impala All The Way To Orlando – Suspect Abandons Deputy’s Car – Escaped