9/15/18 Cherokee County, SC – Suspicious Person Call At Mary Black Gaffney Hospital – Woman Steals Cherokee Deputy’s Patrol Car – Pursuit – Spike Strips – Crashes Into Spartanburg Deputy’s Car – Injured Woman
September 15, 2018
A call about a suspicious person at an Upstate hospital led to the theft of a patrol car, a two-county pursuit, a crash and the arrest of a 54-year-old woman, according to Cherokee County Sheriff Steve Mueller.
Mueller said a deputy was called just after 6:30 a.m. Saturday to Mary Black Gaffney Hospital about a suspicious person. When the deputy went into the emergency room waiting area to speak with the person, a woman jumped into the deputy’s patrol car and drove away, Mueller said.
A Gaffney police officer saw the patrol car on U.S. Highway 29 moments after it was reported stolen. As the officer pursued the stolen car, it crashed into another vehicle and kept going, Mueller said.
The chase continued through Spartanburg County and into Union County on U.S. Highway 176, where police used spike strips, causing the patrol car to crash into a Spartanburg County deputy’s car, Mueller said.
The suspect, later identified as Kim Marie Dye, of Gaffney, was taken to the hospital for treatment of minor injuries, Mueller said. He said no deputies were injured in the chase or crash.
Mueller said the South Carolina Highway Patrol is also investigating the crash, and multiple charges from several agencies are expected.
- 06/17/19 Tyndall, SD – Two Vehicle Accident – Four Passengers Given Comfort Sitting In Patrol Car – The Four Stole The Tyndall Patrol Car – Long 40 Mile Pursuit – 100 MPH According To Bon Homme Sheriff’s Office – Patrol Car Ran Out Of Gas – One Woman Captured – Three Escaped
- 06/8/19 Palisade, CO – Woman And Man Crash Vehicle – Woman Steals Colorado State Patrol Car – Hits Motorcycle And Several Others – Crashes – Captured
- 05/30/19 Kosciusko County, IN – 16 Year Old Runaway That Removed Her Ankle Bracelet After Crashing A Hyundai – In Handcuffs – Steals Sheriff’s Patrol Vehicle – Crashes Into Building – Breaks Into House – Multiple Charges – Meth Arrest
- 05/28/19 Sour Lake, TX – Man In Convenience Store Severely Beat To Critical Condition A Sour Lake Police Officer – He Stole His Police Car And It Was Found Abandoned On The Highway – Massive Search And Captured
- 05/24/19 St. Augustine, FL – Rt. 95 Disabled Motorist – Woman Jumps Into Driver’s Seat Of St. John’s County Service Patrol Car – She Held The Steering Wheel As She Was Hauled Out Of The Driver’s Seat – Arrested
- 05/23/19 Montebello, CA- Masked Man On Camera Steals Marked Montebello Police SUV From Police Parking Lot – Unit #9 Has Been Missing For Several Days Before Searching For It – Firearms Are In This Patrol Car – Not Found Yet
- 05/22/19 Memphis, TN – Man Steals Southaven, MS Marked Police SUV – Crosses State Lines – Crashes In Memphis – Air Unit And K9 Caught Him
- 05/20/19 Ellicott City, MD – Howard County Police Responded And Arrested A Shoplifter – Handcuffed In Police SUV – Suspect Stole The Marked Police SUV – Pursuit And Captured
- 05/18/19 Brentwood, TN – Hit And Run Accident Suspect Captured – In Handcuffs Steals Brentwood Patrol Car – Chased Down Highway – Jumps Out And Runs – Captured
- 05/9/19 Brevard County, FL – An Orange County Marked Patrol Car SUV Chased A Black Cadillac That Crashed Into A Cocoa Home Causing Extensive Damage – Officers At Crash Scene Saw The Stolen Orange County SUV With Lights On Attempting To Pull Over Other Civilians – Later Found Abandoned Patrol Car