12/8/18 Little Rock, AR – Traffic Stop Of Intoxicated Man – Assaults Two Deputies And Steals Pulaski County Sheriff’s SUV – Crash Into Other Sheriff’s Vehicles After Long Chase – Three Deputies Injured
December 8, 2018
Three Pulaski County sheriff’s deputies were injured Saturday afternoon when a man stole a sheriff’s office vehicle and led law enforcement on a chase just outside of North Little Rock, a sheriff’s office spokesman said.
Lt. Matt Kornas said a man who lives near the Crystal Hill Road area called 911 more than 10 times around 3 p.m. Saturday afternoon but could give no coherent complaint and sounded heavily intoxicated. Kornas did not immediately identify the suspect.
Two sheriff’s deputies drove to the man’s home to ask him to stop calling 911 if he did not have an emergency, but moments after they left he began calling again, Kornas said. When they returned to the Crystal Hill address, the man had gotten into his vehicle and deputies performed a traffic stop.
During the traffic stop, the man attacked the two deputies, stole a sheriff’s office SUV and began driving erratically toward Camp Robinson, near the Military Drive and Donovan Briley Boulevard entrance, making multiple U-turns along the way, Kornas said.
When he got to the Camp Robinson entrance, the suspect rammed another sheriff’s office vehicle, bringing the stolen SUV to a stop, Kornas said. The man refused to exit the vehicle after the wreck and deputies had to break the driver’s-side window out in order to arrest him, he said.
The two deputies the man assaulted directly sustained more serious injuries and had to be hospitalized, Kornas said. He said the deputy whose car the man rammed had a superficial wound to his head but did not require medical attention. The suspect was not seriously injured but was also taken to a nearby hospital to be checked out.
Two sheriff’s office vehicles were severely damaged and had to be towed away. North Little Rock police assisted in the chase, Kornas said.
- 03/20/19 Waco, TX – Man Steals Waco Commander’s Police Dodge Charger – 20 Miles High Speed Chase With Lights And Sirens – Crash – Man Gets Out Yielding An Ax In Bullet Proof Vest And Mask – Steals Civilian SUV – Chase – Crash
- 03/19/19 New Windsor, NY – Disturbance Call – Woman Steals Town Patrol Car From Econolodge – Chased Through Three Towns – Arrested For Felonies
- 03/19/19 Logan, WV – Truck Stop – Shoplifting – Steals Logan Police Car – Police Cruiser Ran Out Of Gas – West Virginia State Police Captured
- 03/17/19 Salem, OR – Man With Stolen Car Ran And Circled Back – Steals Salem Patrol Car – Man Barricaded Himself – SWAT Team Got Him
- 03/13/19 Eugene, OR – Police Officer Stopped Two Suspicious Men – One Man Ran Away – Officer Foot Chase – Second Man Steals His Patrol Car – Second Officer Fires His Weapon At Man In Stolen Patrol Car – Patrol Car Found Abandoned
- 03/13/19 Heavener, OK – Man Escapes From Jail In Missouri – Kidnaps Woman In Oklahoma – Police Catch Man Sleeping In Kidnapped Victim’s Vehicle – Man Steals Patrol Car In Handcuffs – May Have Hit Moving Train And Crashed – Escaped – Manhunt
- 03/12/19 Leonardtown, MD – St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office Chased Suspect After Traffic Damage – Crashes Through Closed Gate – Foot Chase – Circled Back – Charged For Attempted Unlawful Police Car Taking – Arrested
- 03/7/19 Forest Park, OH – 20 Year Old Woman In Lobby Of Police Station – Steals Running Patrol Car – She Is Chased Into Kentucky And Indiana – Spike Strips – Ran Into Ditch
- 03/6/19 Buffalo, NY – Police SUV Stolen From Officer – Hit Another Vehicle – One Person Injured – Hit House
- 03/3/19 San Luis Obispo County, CA – CHP Assists Disabled Pick Up With Small Children Inside – Man Steals CHP Patrol Car – SLO Deputies Assisted – Chase – Flattened Tires – Further Investigation Reveals Woman Found Murdered – Under Investigation – SLO Deputies Disarmed – Bean Bag Took Him Down – Arrested