12/8/18 Little Rock, AR – Traffic Stop Of Intoxicated Man – Assaults Two Deputies And Steals Pulaski County Sheriff’s SUV – Crash Into Other Sheriff’s Vehicles After Long Chase – Three Deputies Injured
December 8, 2018
Three Pulaski County sheriff’s deputies were injured Saturday afternoon when a man stole a sheriff’s office vehicle and led law enforcement on a chase just outside of North Little Rock, a sheriff’s office spokesman said.
Lt. Matt Kornas said a man who lives near the Crystal Hill Road area called 911 more than 10 times around 3 p.m. Saturday afternoon but could give no coherent complaint and sounded heavily intoxicated. Kornas did not immediately identify the suspect.
Two sheriff’s deputies drove to the man’s home to ask him to stop calling 911 if he did not have an emergency, but moments after they left he began calling again, Kornas said. When they returned to the Crystal Hill address, the man had gotten into his vehicle and deputies performed a traffic stop.
During the traffic stop, the man attacked the two deputies, stole a sheriff’s office SUV and began driving erratically toward Camp Robinson, near the Military Drive and Donovan Briley Boulevard entrance, making multiple U-turns along the way, Kornas said.
When he got to the Camp Robinson entrance, the suspect rammed another sheriff’s office vehicle, bringing the stolen SUV to a stop, Kornas said. The man refused to exit the vehicle after the wreck and deputies had to break the driver’s-side window out in order to arrest him, he said.
The two deputies the man assaulted directly sustained more serious injuries and had to be hospitalized, Kornas said. He said the deputy whose car the man rammed had a superficial wound to his head but did not require medical attention. The suspect was not seriously injured but was also taken to a nearby hospital to be checked out.
Two sheriff’s office vehicles were severely damaged and had to be towed away. North Little Rock police assisted in the chase, Kornas said.
- 05/24/19 St. Augustine, FL – Rt. 95 Disabled Motorist – Woman Jumps Into Driver’s Seat Of St. John’s County Service Patrol Car – She Held The Steering Wheel As She Was Hauled Out Of The Driver’s Seat – Arrested
- 05/23/19 Montebello, CA- Masked Man On Camera Steals Marked Montebello Police SUV From Police Parking Lot – Unit #9 Has Been Missing For Several Days Before Searching For It – Firearms Are In This Patrol Car – Not Found Yet
- 05/22/19 Memphis, TN – Man Steals Southaven, MS Marked Police SUV – Crosses State Lines – Crashes In Memphis – Air Unit And K9 Caught Him
- 05/20/19 Ellicott City, MD – Howard County Police Responded And Arrested A Shoplifter – Handcuffed In Police SUV – Suspect Stole The Marked Police SUV – Pursuit And Captured
- 05/18/19 Brentwood, TN – Hit And Run Accident Suspect Captured – In Handcuffs Steals Brentwood Patrol Car – Chased Down Highway – Jumps Out And Runs – Captured
- 05/9/19 Brevard County, FL – An Orange County Marked Patrol Car SUV Chased A Black Cadillac That Crashed Into A Cocoa Home Causing Extensive Damage – Officers At Crash Scene Saw The Stolen Orange County SUV With Lights On Attempting To Pull Over Other Civilians – Later Found Abandoned Patrol Car
- 05/6/19 Grand Forks, ND – Man With Warrant Tries To Steal Officer’s Gun – Steals His Police Car – High Speed – Wrong Way On Highway – Crashes Into Semi – Killed On Impact
- 04/29/19 Pueblo, CO – Wrong Way Driver Stopped – Suspect Steals Colorado State Patrol Dodge Charger – State Trooper Dragged – Hurt – 100 MPH Chase For 36 Miles – Avoiding Spike Strips – Rollover – Totaled
- 04/27/19 Bedford County, TN- Inmate Escaped Custody-Suspect Steals Sumner County Deputies Car While He Was Outside the Patrol Car-Stolen Police Car Found in Nashville- Inmate Escaped
- 04/26/19 San Bernardino, CA – While Deputy Was Taking A Report – A Man Steals San Bernardino Marked Sheriff’s Car – Massive Search – Found 1 Hour Later – Struggle With Suspect – Arrested