12/8/18 Little Rock, AR – Traffic Stop Of Intoxicated Man – Assaults Two Deputies And Steals Pulaski County Sheriff’s SUV – Crash Into Other Sheriff’s Vehicles After Long Chase – Three Deputies Injured
December 8, 2018
Three Pulaski County sheriff’s deputies were injured Saturday afternoon when a man stole a sheriff’s office vehicle and led law enforcement on a chase just outside of North Little Rock, a sheriff’s office spokesman said.
Lt. Matt Kornas said a man who lives near the Crystal Hill Road area called 911 more than 10 times around 3 p.m. Saturday afternoon but could give no coherent complaint and sounded heavily intoxicated. Kornas did not immediately identify the suspect.
Two sheriff’s deputies drove to the man’s home to ask him to stop calling 911 if he did not have an emergency, but moments after they left he began calling again, Kornas said. When they returned to the Crystal Hill address, the man had gotten into his vehicle and deputies performed a traffic stop.
During the traffic stop, the man attacked the two deputies, stole a sheriff’s office SUV and began driving erratically toward Camp Robinson, near the Military Drive and Donovan Briley Boulevard entrance, making multiple U-turns along the way, Kornas said.
When he got to the Camp Robinson entrance, the suspect rammed another sheriff’s office vehicle, bringing the stolen SUV to a stop, Kornas said. The man refused to exit the vehicle after the wreck and deputies had to break the driver’s-side window out in order to arrest him, he said.
The two deputies the man assaulted directly sustained more serious injuries and had to be hospitalized, Kornas said. He said the deputy whose car the man rammed had a superficial wound to his head but did not require medical attention. The suspect was not seriously injured but was also taken to a nearby hospital to be checked out.
Two sheriff’s office vehicles were severely damaged and had to be towed away. North Little Rock police assisted in the chase, Kornas said.
- 01/19/19 Eureka, CA – Homeless Man Just Released From Jail Jumps Into Police Car To Steal It – Eureka Police Officer Pulls Him Out Of The Patrol Car – The Suspect Got The Shifter Into Neutral – While The Suspect Was Being Arrested The Patrol Car Rolled Over His Legs – Injured – To Hospital
- 01/19/19 Canton, OH – Man On Parole Steals On-Duty Marked Patrol Car By Smashing Window When Stopped – Identified Himself As A Police Officer – Had The Police Officer’s Identification – Struggle – Arrested
- 01/16/19 Atlanta, GA – Man Tries To Steal Atlanta Police Unmarked Police Car At Gas Station While Officer Was Filling Up – Mayor Protection Unit – Officer SHOOTS AND KILLS HIM
- 01/14/19 Elkton, MD – Crash Scene – Drunk Driver In Handcuffs Steals Police Car And Hits Fire Truck – Police Chase Into Delaware – Crashed Into Tree – Arrested Again
- 01/08/19 Spencer, OK Handcuffed man steals spencer Police Cruiser and drives away – Escaped
- 01/6/19 Morrow County, OH – Crashed Stolen Pick Up – Distressed Woman In Underwear Runs Away And Back – Steals Morrow Deputy’s Patrol Car – Chase – Crash Into Tree – Apprehended
- 01/06/19 Carrol County, SC Two inmates escape a work detail in a government stolen car found in Patrick County SC. Inmates on the run escaped.
- 01/3/19 Conroe, TX – Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office Is Searching For A Stolen Prairie View Unmarked Tahoe Police Vehicle
- 01/2/19 Orangeburg, SC – St. Matthews Man In Orangeburg Stopped Driving Stolen Columbia Airport Metro Police Department Vehicle – When Deputies Searched The Vehicle They Found White Powder – 9 mm Firearm – Digital Scales
- 1/1/19 Grand Rapids, MI – Early New Years Day – Call For A Fight With A Person With A Gun – A Woman Ran From The House And Stole A Grand Rapids Patrol Car – Drove Over Sidewalks – Ran Away – K9 Got Her