12/30/18 Montgomery County, VA – Traffic Stop – Narcotics Find – Man In Handcuffs Steals Montgomery County Sheriff’s Patrol Car After Hospital Evaluation – Suspect Abandoned The Patrol Car – Escaped – Massive Search
December 30, 2018
The Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office has received reports of discarded clothing matching what the suspect, Cody Drain, was last seen wearing.
Residents in the 1200 block of Bowhill Road told police they found the clothing and that they were missing camouflage clothes, boots, and handgun.
The sheriff’s office says Drain may have been spotted in the area of Barley Road and it is believed the individual may have been trying to get to Smith Creek Road in the Pilot area of Montgomery County.
Authorities asks the public to be aware and cautious.
Authorities in Montgomery County are searching for a man suspected of several charges, including car theft, who then stole a sheriff’s deputy’s vehicle and used it to escape custody.
According to a release from the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office, around 1:23 a.m. Sunday, police located a vehicle that had been reported stolen in Pulaski County. When a sheriff’s deputy attempted a traffic stop, the driver fled, leading to a pursuit.
With the assistance of officers from both Christiansburg Police Department and the Virginia State Police, the subjects were stopped, and later arrested. Cynthia Renee Turpin , 22, of Pulaski, was charged with narcotics possession and conspiracy to distribute narcotics, the release stated. She is being held in the Montgomery County Jail with no bond.
The driver, Cody Ryan Drain, 26, also of Pulaski, was was arrested on charges relating to the stolen vehicle and multiple other charges, including driving under the influence of drugs, the release said. He was taken to Montgomery Regional Hospital for a blood draw, and upon leaving the hospital, he was taken to the magistrates office in Christiansburg. While waiting at the magistrate’s office he was able to partially remove his restraints, gain access to the driver compartment and steal a deputy’s vehicle. The subject abandoned the vehicle at the end of Elliott Creek Road in the Pilot area of Montgomery County and continued to flee on foot, the release added.
Search teams from Montgomery County, Christiansburg Police Department, Blacksburg Police Department, and the Virginia State Police tracked the individual to the area of Craigs Mountain Road but have been unable to locate him, the release said.
- 01/19/19 Eureka, CA – Homeless Man Just Released From Jail Jumps Into Police Car To Steal It – Eureka Police Officer Pulls Him Out Of The Patrol Car – The Suspect Got The Shifter Into Neutral – While The Suspect Was Being Arrested The Patrol Car Rolled Over His Legs – Injured – To Hospital
- 01/19/19 Canton, OH – Man On Parole Steals On-Duty Marked Patrol Car By Smashing Window When Stopped – Identified Himself As A Police Officer – Had The Police Officer’s Identification – Struggle – Arrested
- 01/16/19 Atlanta, GA – Man Tries To Steal Atlanta Police Unmarked Police Car At Gas Station While Officer Was Filling Up – Mayor Protection Unit – Officer SHOOTS AND KILLS HIM
- 01/14/19 Elkton, MD – Crash Scene – Drunk Driver In Handcuffs Steals Police Car And Hits Fire Truck – Police Chase Into Delaware – Crashed Into Tree – Arrested Again
- 01/08/19 Spencer, OK Handcuffed man steals spencer Police Cruiser and drives away – Escaped
- 01/6/19 Morrow County, OH – Crashed Stolen Pick Up – Distressed Woman In Underwear Runs Away And Back – Steals Morrow Deputy’s Patrol Car – Chase – Crash Into Tree – Apprehended
- 01/06/19 Carrol County, SC Two inmates escape a work detail in a government stolen car found in Patrick County SC. Inmates on the run escaped.
- 01/3/19 Conroe, TX – Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office Is Searching For A Stolen Prairie View Unmarked Tahoe Police Vehicle
- 01/2/19 Orangeburg, SC – St. Matthews Man In Orangeburg Stopped Driving Stolen Columbia Airport Metro Police Department Vehicle – When Deputies Searched The Vehicle They Found White Powder – 9 mm Firearm – Digital Scales
- 1/1/19 Grand Rapids, MI – Early New Years Day – Call For A Fight With A Person With A Gun – A Woman Ran From The House And Stole A Grand Rapids Patrol Car – Drove Over Sidewalks – Ran Away – K9 Got Her