12/30/18 Montgomery County, VA – Traffic Stop – Narcotics Find – Man In Handcuffs Steals Montgomery County Sheriff’s Patrol Car After Hospital Evaluation – Suspect Abandoned The Patrol Car – Escaped – Massive Search
December 30, 2018
The Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office has received reports of discarded clothing matching what the suspect, Cody Drain, was last seen wearing.
Residents in the 1200 block of Bowhill Road told police they found the clothing and that they were missing camouflage clothes, boots, and handgun.
The sheriff’s office says Drain may have been spotted in the area of Barley Road and it is believed the individual may have been trying to get to Smith Creek Road in the Pilot area of Montgomery County.
Authorities asks the public to be aware and cautious.
Authorities in Montgomery County are searching for a man suspected of several charges, including car theft, who then stole a sheriff’s deputy’s vehicle and used it to escape custody.
According to a release from the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office, around 1:23 a.m. Sunday, police located a vehicle that had been reported stolen in Pulaski County. When a sheriff’s deputy attempted a traffic stop, the driver fled, leading to a pursuit.
With the assistance of officers from both Christiansburg Police Department and the Virginia State Police, the subjects were stopped, and later arrested. Cynthia Renee Turpin , 22, of Pulaski, was charged with narcotics possession and conspiracy to distribute narcotics, the release stated. She is being held in the Montgomery County Jail with no bond.
The driver, Cody Ryan Drain, 26, also of Pulaski, was was arrested on charges relating to the stolen vehicle and multiple other charges, including driving under the influence of drugs, the release said. He was taken to Montgomery Regional Hospital for a blood draw, and upon leaving the hospital, he was taken to the magistrates office in Christiansburg. While waiting at the magistrate’s office he was able to partially remove his restraints, gain access to the driver compartment and steal a deputy’s vehicle. The subject abandoned the vehicle at the end of Elliott Creek Road in the Pilot area of Montgomery County and continued to flee on foot, the release added.
Search teams from Montgomery County, Christiansburg Police Department, Blacksburg Police Department, and the Virginia State Police tracked the individual to the area of Craigs Mountain Road but have been unable to locate him, the release said.
- 03/20/19 Waco, TX – Man Steals Waco Commander’s Police Dodge Charger – 20 Miles High Speed Chase With Lights And Sirens – Crash – Man Gets Out Yielding An Ax In Bullet Proof Vest And Mask – Steals Civilian SUV – Chase – Crash
- 03/19/19 New Windsor, NY – Disturbance Call – Woman Steals Town Patrol Car From Econolodge – Chased Through Three Towns – Arrested For Felonies
- 03/19/19 Logan, WV – Truck Stop – Shoplifting – Steals Logan Police Car – Police Cruiser Ran Out Of Gas – West Virginia State Police Captured
- 03/17/19 Salem, OR – Man With Stolen Car Ran And Circled Back – Steals Salem Patrol Car – Man Barricaded Himself – SWAT Team Got Him
- 03/13/19 Eugene, OR – Police Officer Stopped Two Suspicious Men – One Man Ran Away – Officer Foot Chase – Second Man Steals His Patrol Car – Second Officer Fires His Weapon At Man In Stolen Patrol Car – Patrol Car Found Abandoned
- 03/13/19 Heavener, OK – Man Escapes From Jail In Missouri – Kidnaps Woman In Oklahoma – Police Catch Man Sleeping In Kidnapped Victim’s Vehicle – Man Steals Patrol Car In Handcuffs – May Have Hit Moving Train And Crashed – Escaped – Manhunt
- 03/12/19 Leonardtown, MD – St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office Chased Suspect After Traffic Damage – Crashes Through Closed Gate – Foot Chase – Circled Back – Charged For Attempted Unlawful Police Car Taking – Arrested
- 03/7/19 Forest Park, OH – 20 Year Old Woman In Lobby Of Police Station – Steals Running Patrol Car – She Is Chased Into Kentucky And Indiana – Spike Strips – Ran Into Ditch
- 03/6/19 Buffalo, NY – Police SUV Stolen From Officer – Hit Another Vehicle – One Person Injured – Hit House
- 03/3/19 San Luis Obispo County, CA – CHP Assists Disabled Pick Up With Small Children Inside – Man Steals CHP Patrol Car – SLO Deputies Assisted – Chase – Flattened Tires – Further Investigation Reveals Woman Found Murdered – Under Investigation – SLO Deputies Disarmed – Bean Bag Took Him Down – Arrested