12/3/18 Canterbury, NH – Crashed Vehicle Accident – 18 Year Old Male Assaulted A Woman With A Pipe – Man Jumps Into New Hampshire State SUV And Couldn’t Put It In Drive (Tremco Save) – He Is Handcuffed – Put In Second NH State Patrol Car – Climbs Into Front And Tries To Steal 2nd Patrol Car – Couldn’t Get It Out Of Park (2nd Tremco Save)
December 3, 2018
A Hillsborough teenager is facing a list of felony charges after attempting to steal two State Police cruisers Friday morning, police said.
About 7:45 a.m., a trooper stopped at a crash at the intersection of Route 132 and Kimball Pond Road and began to interview the drivers involved, including 18-year-old Alan Clark, , state police said in a statement.
As the trooper spoke to him, Clark allegedly walked away from the crash, then ran to the trooper’s cruiser. He got into the driver’s seat and pressed on the gas, police said, but didn’t put the vehicle in drive.
The trooper struggled with Clark and was able to push the cruiser’s radio button with his elbow.
“It was apparent from the disjointed radio transmissions and yelling that could be heard in the background that there was a problem,” state police said.
Troopers, local police and sheriff’s deputies converged and were able to pull Clark from the cruiser and handcuff him, police said.
The officers placed him in the back of a second cruiser, but within seconds he had climbed through an open part of the partition between the cruiser’s front and back seats and had his foot on the gas pedal of the second cruiser, police said.
The troopers were able to remove Clark, who was re-handcuffed and shackled, state police said.
Clark was taken to Merrimack County jail charged with reckless operation, conduct after an accident, resisting arrest, and two counts of felony escape.
State police said they later received additional information that Clark had attacked a woman who had stopped at the crash with a pipe. He soon will face an additional assault charge, they said.
Clark is scheduled to be arraigned Monday in Merrimack County Superior Court.
- 02/17/19 Chapmanville, WV – DUI Suspect In Handcuffs Steals Police Cruiser – Hits 3 Civilian Vehicles And A Second Police Cruiser – Arrested
- 02/15/19 Rochelle Park, NJ – Burglary Suspect Caught By Residents On Second Floor – Jumps From Roof To Get Away – Jumps Into Police Car When He Thought It Was The Lyft That He Called – Arrested For Attempted Theft
- 02/10/19 Colorado Springs, CO – Suspicious Person Call – Man Jumps Into Marked Cruiser – High Speed – Rolls Marked Cruiser Several Times – Shutdown Highway For Hours
- 02/8/19 Columbus, OH – Overdose Call – Police Revive Man With Narcan – He Was Given CPR By Bystanders First – He Jumps In And Steals Their Police Cruiser – Escaped – Abandoned Cruiser
- 02/8/19 Turlock, CA – Parolee Enters Secure Area Of Police Station – Is Found Attempting To Steal Patrol Car – Captured
- 02/7/19 Chattanooga, TN – Man Fights With Police Officer – Steals Patrol Car – 100 MPH Chase – Gets Stuck In Mud – Police Had To Break Window – Handgun And Meth Found On Him
- 02/5/19 Corpus Christi, TX – Lengthy Pursuit – In Custody Suspect Steals Patrol Car – Slams Into Innocent Woman’s Vehicle with Three Juveniles – Five Taken To Hospital
- 02/4/19 Asheboro, NC – Randolph County Sheriff’s Officer Had A Family Member Steal A Patrol Car From The Home Of The Assigned Member – The Sheriff’s Officer Member Was Away At The Time – Totaled Patrol Car – 17 Year Old Arrested
- 02/3/19 Detroit, MI – Marked Dodge Charger Stolen While Officer Left It Running – Suspect Arrested Under The Influence
- 02/1/19 Kansas City, KS – Traffic Stop – Suspect Steals Marked Police Cruiser – Pursuit – Crash Into Ravine – Suspect Escapes – Tries To Climb In Taco Bell Drive Up Window – Arrested