11/6/18 Atoka, TN – Woman Steals Shelby County Sheriff’s Pick Up – Drives To Arkansas – Gets In Head On Accident And Killed
November 6, 2018
An Atoka woman was killed in a wreck Monday after authorities say she stole a county-owned truck from Memphis, put her daughter and adopted children inside, and drove to Arkansas because they were “possessed by demons.”
The Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office said 41-year-old Rosalind Craig was killed around 5:30 a.m. when the Chevrolet Silverado she was driving slammed head-on into a Union Pacific utility truck on a two-lane road north of Little Rock. A witness said Craig’s truck crossed the center line.
The sheriff’s office said the passengers in Craig’s truck included her daughter, a friend and her adopted children. They, along with the driver of the Union Pacific truck, were taken to hospitals but their injuries were not serious.
According to witnesses, Craig stole a Shelby County-owned truck with government plates and then drove aimlessly through Arkansas.
Craig told her passengers she was “taking them on the other side of heaven to meet Jesus” and that they were “leaving the Memphis area due to being possessed by demons,” according to witness reports.
Craig’s friends were stunned by the news.
“She loved her kids. This is just not in her character at all,” Jossie Dunlap said.
The Shelby County Sheriff’s Office said the truck was a non-emergency sheriff’s vehicle that was stolen around 11 p.m. Sunday from their location in the 1000 block of Mullins Station in Memphis.
Lt. Anthony Buckner with SCSO said Craig had no ties to the sheriff’s department and they are reviewing video to see how the truck was stolen.
Craig’s family says they’re saddened and confused. They say she wouldn’t have intentionally put her children in danger. And they also don’t understand why she would’ve stolen a vehicle, especially when she had two of her own.
“The girl started talking about seeing ghosts and demons and stuff. And I think she just got in Rosalind’s head,” her mother said.
A day before she died, Craig’s mother says she called police to her home after an altercation with her daughter and her daughter’s friend.
“She was saying there were demons in the house, and ‘I had demons in me.’ She looked like she looked evil,” she said.
Craig’s family also says she didn’t have any ties to the sheriff’s department. But they believe her friend who was also in the car with her does.
For now, Craig’s children are with Department of Children’s Services.
- 03/20/19 Waco, TX – Man Steals Waco Commander’s Police Dodge Charger – 20 Miles High Speed Chase With Lights And Sirens – Crash – Man Gets Out Yielding An Ax In Bullet Proof Vest And Mask – Steals Civilian SUV – Chase – Crash
- 03/19/19 New Windsor, NY – Disturbance Call – Woman Steals Town Patrol Car From Econolodge – Chased Through Three Towns – Arrested For Felonies
- 03/19/19 Logan, WV – Truck Stop – Shoplifting – Steals Logan Police Car – Police Cruiser Ran Out Of Gas – West Virginia State Police Captured
- 03/17/19 Salem, OR – Man With Stolen Car Ran And Circled Back – Steals Salem Patrol Car – Man Barricaded Himself – SWAT Team Got Him
- 03/13/19 Eugene, OR – Police Officer Stopped Two Suspicious Men – One Man Ran Away – Officer Foot Chase – Second Man Steals His Patrol Car – Second Officer Fires His Weapon At Man In Stolen Patrol Car – Patrol Car Found Abandoned
- 03/13/19 Heavener, OK – Man Escapes From Jail In Missouri – Kidnaps Woman In Oklahoma – Police Catch Man Sleeping In Kidnapped Victim’s Vehicle – Man Steals Patrol Car In Handcuffs – May Have Hit Moving Train And Crashed – Escaped – Manhunt
- 03/12/19 Leonardtown, MD – St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office Chased Suspect After Traffic Damage – Crashes Through Closed Gate – Foot Chase – Circled Back – Charged For Attempted Unlawful Police Car Taking – Arrested
- 03/7/19 Forest Park, OH – 20 Year Old Woman In Lobby Of Police Station – Steals Running Patrol Car – She Is Chased Into Kentucky And Indiana – Spike Strips – Ran Into Ditch
- 03/6/19 Buffalo, NY – Police SUV Stolen From Officer – Hit Another Vehicle – One Person Injured – Hit House
- 03/3/19 San Luis Obispo County, CA – CHP Assists Disabled Pick Up With Small Children Inside – Man Steals CHP Patrol Car – SLO Deputies Assisted – Chase – Flattened Tires – Further Investigation Reveals Woman Found Murdered – Under Investigation – SLO Deputies Disarmed – Bean Bag Took Him Down – Arrested