11/6/18 Atoka, TN – Woman Steals Shelby County Sheriff’s Pick Up – Drives To Arkansas – Gets In Head On Accident And Killed
November 6, 2018
An Atoka woman was killed in a wreck Monday after authorities say she stole a county-owned truck from Memphis, put her daughter and adopted children inside, and drove to Arkansas because they were “possessed by demons.”
The Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office said 41-year-old Rosalind Craig was killed around 5:30 a.m. when the Chevrolet Silverado she was driving slammed head-on into a Union Pacific utility truck on a two-lane road north of Little Rock. A witness said Craig’s truck crossed the center line.
The sheriff’s office said the passengers in Craig’s truck included her daughter, a friend and her adopted children. They, along with the driver of the Union Pacific truck, were taken to hospitals but their injuries were not serious.
According to witnesses, Craig stole a Shelby County-owned truck with government plates and then drove aimlessly through Arkansas.
Craig told her passengers she was “taking them on the other side of heaven to meet Jesus” and that they were “leaving the Memphis area due to being possessed by demons,” according to witness reports.
Craig’s friends were stunned by the news.
“She loved her kids. This is just not in her character at all,” Jossie Dunlap said.
The Shelby County Sheriff’s Office said the truck was a non-emergency sheriff’s vehicle that was stolen around 11 p.m. Sunday from their location in the 1000 block of Mullins Station in Memphis.
Lt. Anthony Buckner with SCSO said Craig had no ties to the sheriff’s department and they are reviewing video to see how the truck was stolen.
Craig’s family says they’re saddened and confused. They say she wouldn’t have intentionally put her children in danger. And they also don’t understand why she would’ve stolen a vehicle, especially when she had two of her own.
“The girl started talking about seeing ghosts and demons and stuff. And I think she just got in Rosalind’s head,” her mother said.
A day before she died, Craig’s mother says she called police to her home after an altercation with her daughter and her daughter’s friend.
“She was saying there were demons in the house, and ‘I had demons in me.’ She looked like she looked evil,” she said.
Craig’s family also says she didn’t have any ties to the sheriff’s department. But they believe her friend who was also in the car with her does.
For now, Craig’s children are with Department of Children’s Services.
- 01/19/19 Eureka, CA – Homeless Man Just Released From Jail Jumps Into Police Car To Steal It – Eureka Police Officer Pulls Him Out Of The Patrol Car – The Suspect Got The Shifter Into Neutral – While The Suspect Was Being Arrested The Patrol Car Rolled Over His Legs – Injured – To Hospital
- 01/19/19 Canton, OH – Man On Parole Steals On-Duty Marked Patrol Car By Smashing Window When Stopped – Identified Himself As A Police Officer – Had The Police Officer’s Identification – Struggle – Arrested
- 01/16/19 Atlanta, GA – Man Tries To Steal Atlanta Police Unmarked Police Car At Gas Station While Officer Was Filling Up – Mayor Protection Unit – Officer SHOOTS AND KILLS HIM
- 01/14/19 Elkton, MD – Crash Scene – Drunk Driver In Handcuffs Steals Police Car And Hits Fire Truck – Police Chase Into Delaware – Crashed Into Tree – Arrested Again
- 01/08/19 Spencer, OK Handcuffed man steals spencer Police Cruiser and drives away – Escaped
- 01/6/19 Morrow County, OH – Crashed Stolen Pick Up – Distressed Woman In Underwear Runs Away And Back – Steals Morrow Deputy’s Patrol Car – Chase – Crash Into Tree – Apprehended
- 01/06/19 Carrol County, SC Two inmates escape a work detail in a government stolen car found in Patrick County SC. Inmates on the run escaped.
- 01/3/19 Conroe, TX – Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office Is Searching For A Stolen Prairie View Unmarked Tahoe Police Vehicle
- 01/2/19 Orangeburg, SC – St. Matthews Man In Orangeburg Stopped Driving Stolen Columbia Airport Metro Police Department Vehicle – When Deputies Searched The Vehicle They Found White Powder – 9 mm Firearm – Digital Scales
- 1/1/19 Grand Rapids, MI – Early New Years Day – Call For A Fight With A Person With A Gun – A Woman Ran From The House And Stole A Grand Rapids Patrol Car – Drove Over Sidewalks – Ran Away – K9 Got Her