11/6/18 Atoka, TN – Woman Steals Shelby County Sheriff’s Pick Up – Drives To Arkansas – Gets In Head On Accident And Killed
November 6, 2018
An Atoka woman was killed in a wreck Monday after authorities say she stole a county-owned truck from Memphis, put her daughter and adopted children inside, and drove to Arkansas because they were “possessed by demons.”
The Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office said 41-year-old Rosalind Craig was killed around 5:30 a.m. when the Chevrolet Silverado she was driving slammed head-on into a Union Pacific utility truck on a two-lane road north of Little Rock. A witness said Craig’s truck crossed the center line.
The sheriff’s office said the passengers in Craig’s truck included her daughter, a friend and her adopted children. They, along with the driver of the Union Pacific truck, were taken to hospitals but their injuries were not serious.
According to witnesses, Craig stole a Shelby County-owned truck with government plates and then drove aimlessly through Arkansas.
Craig told her passengers she was “taking them on the other side of heaven to meet Jesus” and that they were “leaving the Memphis area due to being possessed by demons,” according to witness reports.
Craig’s friends were stunned by the news.
“She loved her kids. This is just not in her character at all,” Jossie Dunlap said.
The Shelby County Sheriff’s Office said the truck was a non-emergency sheriff’s vehicle that was stolen around 11 p.m. Sunday from their location in the 1000 block of Mullins Station in Memphis.
Lt. Anthony Buckner with SCSO said Craig had no ties to the sheriff’s department and they are reviewing video to see how the truck was stolen.
Craig’s family says they’re saddened and confused. They say she wouldn’t have intentionally put her children in danger. And they also don’t understand why she would’ve stolen a vehicle, especially when she had two of her own.
“The girl started talking about seeing ghosts and demons and stuff. And I think she just got in Rosalind’s head,” her mother said.
A day before she died, Craig’s mother says she called police to her home after an altercation with her daughter and her daughter’s friend.
“She was saying there were demons in the house, and ‘I had demons in me.’ She looked like she looked evil,” she said.
Craig’s family also says she didn’t have any ties to the sheriff’s department. But they believe her friend who was also in the car with her does.
For now, Craig’s children are with Department of Children’s Services.
- 11/12/18 Lincoln County, WV – WEST VIRGINIA STATE POLICE Cruiser Stolen By Handcuffed Probation Violation Prisoner – All Night Search – Hours Later Found Abandoned
- 11/9/18 Marion, OH – Man Steals Marion County Sheriff’s Patrol Car While Deputy Was Serving A Warrant – Patrol Car Flipped Over And Totaled
- 11/6/18 Atoka, TN – Woman Steals Shelby County Sheriff’s Pick Up – Drives To Arkansas – Gets In Head On Accident And Killed
- 11/3/18 Mishawaka, IN – Suspect Steals Mishawaka Marked Patrol Car From Police Station – Patrol Car Found Abandoned Off Road – Suspect Escaped
- 11/3/18 Birmingham, Al – Officers Observed Erratic Driver – Chase – Suspect Bails Out – Runs – Circles Back – Steals Birmingham Police Patrol Car – Second Chase – Suspect Bails – Escaped
- 11/2/18 Hendersonville, NC – On Patrol – Officer Saw Man Jumping On A Van – Man Runs At Officer Yelling Incoherently – Jumps Into Hendersonville Patrol Car And Steals It – Patrol Car Found Wrecked – Arrested
- 10/31/18 West Carroll Parish, LA – Suspicious People Call – Man On Meth – Handcuffed – Steals West Carroll Deputy’s Patrol Car – 100 Chase – Crash – Fire Shotgun
- 10/30/18 Orange, MA – Man Carjacks In NH – Chase To VT And Into MA – State Trooper Boxed Him In – Suspect Attacks Trooper – Stabs Him Multiple Times – Other Police Officer Shoots Him Trying To Steal His Cruiser – Tremco Saved This Police Cruiser
- 10/25/18 California – CHP Flat Tire Call Finds Man With Meth – Arrested And Put In Handcuffs – Steals CHP Patrol Car – Ditched It – Found 12 Hours Later After Massive Search
- 10/22/18 Hartland, ME – NH Man Takes His Clothes Off While Attempting To Steal Vehicles – A Deputy Of Somerset County Sheriff’s Fought With Him – He Jumps Into His Police Cruiser And Tries To Steal It – Civilian Ride Along Stops Him