11/29/18 Spartanburg, SC – Pickens County Sheriff’s Deputies Were In Pursuit Of A Stolen Vehicle – A Pickens Police Officer Foot Chased Suspect – Man Steals Patrol Car – Police Officer’s Find My Phone App Located Abandoned Patrol Car – Escaped
November 29, 2018
A Pickens police officer who tried to catch a car theft suspect ended up having his police vehicle stolen by the man, who then managed to get away.
The officer was called to Highway 8 near the Walmart to meet detectives from the Pickens County Sheriff’s Office who had been pursuing a man they said had stolen a vehicle in Greenville County.
While the officer was on his way to meet the detectives, he saw a man matching the suspect’s description near the Seventh Day Adventist church.
The officer pulled into the parking lot, jumped out, and ordered the man to stop. As the man ran toward the back of the church, the officer said he grabbed a Taser out of the police SUV, closed the door and began to chase the man.
The officer said as they came around the church building, he saw the man jump into the SUV and rev the engine. As he tried to open the door, the man gunned the SUV and sped across the lawn and onto Griffin Mill Road, the officer said.
Once he was back at the police department, the officer used the Find My Phone app and located the SUV in a field on Brezeale Road.
The police vehicle was recovered. The suspect remains on the loose.
- 06/17/19 Tyndall, SD – Two Vehicle Accident – Four Passengers Given Comfort Sitting In Patrol Car – The Four Stole The Tyndall Patrol Car – Long 40 Mile Pursuit – 100 MPH According To Bon Homme Sheriff’s Office – Patrol Car Ran Out Of Gas – One Woman Captured – Three Escaped
- 06/8/19 Palisade, CO – Woman And Man Crash Vehicle – Woman Steals Colorado State Patrol Car – Hits Motorcycle And Several Others – Crashes – Captured
- 05/30/19 Kosciusko County, IN – 16 Year Old Runaway That Removed Her Ankle Bracelet After Crashing A Hyundai – In Handcuffs – Steals Sheriff’s Patrol Vehicle – Crashes Into Building – Breaks Into House – Multiple Charges – Meth Arrest
- 05/28/19 Sour Lake, TX – Man In Convenience Store Severely Beat To Critical Condition A Sour Lake Police Officer – He Stole His Police Car And It Was Found Abandoned On The Highway – Massive Search And Captured
- 05/24/19 St. Augustine, FL – Rt. 95 Disabled Motorist – Woman Jumps Into Driver’s Seat Of St. John’s County Service Patrol Car – She Held The Steering Wheel As She Was Hauled Out Of The Driver’s Seat – Arrested
- 05/23/19 Montebello, CA- Masked Man On Camera Steals Marked Montebello Police SUV From Police Parking Lot – Unit #9 Has Been Missing For Several Days Before Searching For It – Firearms Are In This Patrol Car – Not Found Yet
- 05/22/19 Memphis, TN – Man Steals Southaven, MS Marked Police SUV – Crosses State Lines – Crashes In Memphis – Air Unit And K9 Caught Him
- 05/20/19 Ellicott City, MD – Howard County Police Responded And Arrested A Shoplifter – Handcuffed In Police SUV – Suspect Stole The Marked Police SUV – Pursuit And Captured
- 05/18/19 Brentwood, TN – Hit And Run Accident Suspect Captured – In Handcuffs Steals Brentwood Patrol Car – Chased Down Highway – Jumps Out And Runs – Captured
- 05/9/19 Brevard County, FL – An Orange County Marked Patrol Car SUV Chased A Black Cadillac That Crashed Into A Cocoa Home Causing Extensive Damage – Officers At Crash Scene Saw The Stolen Orange County SUV With Lights On Attempting To Pull Over Other Civilians – Later Found Abandoned Patrol Car