11/2/18 Hendersonville, NC – On Patrol – Officer Saw Man Jumping On A Van – Man Runs At Officer Yelling Incoherently – Jumps Into Hendersonville Patrol Car And Steals It – Patrol Car Found Wrecked – Arrested
November 2, 2018
Hendersonville police said a man was arrested after a patrol car was stolen early Friday morning.
Chief Herbert Blake said an officer was on patrol along 4th Avenue just after 12:30 a.m. when the officer saw a man jump on the hood of a white van while the van was in motion on Church Street. The officer then saw the van make an abrupt stop and the man was thrown from the hood.
The officer got out of his car to determine what was happening.
“The male suspect suddenly and quickly ran towards the officer shouting incoherently that he was being ‘chased by people or some things,’” Blake said in a news release. “The suspect ran to the officer’s car; was able to get into the car and drove off before he could be subdued by the officer.”
Police were able to use GPS to track down the patrol car, which was found wrecked at the intersection of 4th Avenue West and Jordan Street in Hendersonville.
Blake said the suspect, Julius Hodges, 34, of Dumfries, Virginia, was found nearby and arrested.
“While being arrested, suspect Julius Hodges continued to shout incoherently,” Blake added.
Hodges was charged with larceny of a motor vehicle, possession of a stolen vehicle, assault on a government official inflicting injury, assault on a government official, resist obstruct and delay, injury to personal property, and DWI.
- 05/24/19 St. Augustine, FL – Rt. 95 Disabled Motorist – Woman Jumps Into Driver’s Seat Of St. John’s County Service Patrol Car – She Held The Steering Wheel As She Was Hauled Out Of The Driver’s Seat – Arrested
- 05/23/19 Montebello, CA- Masked Man On Camera Steals Marked Montebello Police SUV From Police Parking Lot – Unit #9 Has Been Missing For Several Days Before Searching For It – Firearms Are In This Patrol Car – Not Found Yet
- 05/22/19 Memphis, TN – Man Steals Southaven, MS Marked Police SUV – Crosses State Lines – Crashes In Memphis – Air Unit And K9 Caught Him
- 05/20/19 Ellicott City, MD – Howard County Police Responded And Arrested A Shoplifter – Handcuffed In Police SUV – Suspect Stole The Marked Police SUV – Pursuit And Captured
- 05/18/19 Brentwood, TN – Hit And Run Accident Suspect Captured – In Handcuffs Steals Brentwood Patrol Car – Chased Down Highway – Jumps Out And Runs – Captured
- 05/9/19 Brevard County, FL – An Orange County Marked Patrol Car SUV Chased A Black Cadillac That Crashed Into A Cocoa Home Causing Extensive Damage – Officers At Crash Scene Saw The Stolen Orange County SUV With Lights On Attempting To Pull Over Other Civilians – Later Found Abandoned Patrol Car
- 05/6/19 Grand Forks, ND – Man With Warrant Tries To Steal Officer’s Gun – Steals His Police Car – High Speed – Wrong Way On Highway – Crashes Into Semi – Killed On Impact
- 04/29/19 Pueblo, CO – Wrong Way Driver Stopped – Suspect Steals Colorado State Patrol Dodge Charger – State Trooper Dragged – Hurt – 100 MPH Chase For 36 Miles – Avoiding Spike Strips – Rollover – Totaled
- 04/27/19 Bedford County, TN- Inmate Escaped Custody-Suspect Steals Sumner County Deputies Car While He Was Outside the Patrol Car-Stolen Police Car Found in Nashville- Inmate Escaped
- 04/26/19 San Bernardino, CA – While Deputy Was Taking A Report – A Man Steals San Bernardino Marked Sheriff’s Car – Massive Search – Found 1 Hour Later – Struggle With Suspect – Arrested