11/16/18 Land O’ Lakes, FL – Man Just Released From Jail For Auto Theft – Walks Up To Deputy’s Car And Tries To Get In – Didn’t Know A Deputy Was In The Running Vehicle – Arrested Again – Back In Jail
November 16, 2018
Second time’s a charm, right?
A New Port Richey man, who had just been freed from jail Tuesday for an auto theft charge, tried to break into a car on his way through the jail parking lot, according to the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office.
The problem: A deputy was behind the wheel.
Klaid Karpuzi, 41, was arrested by the deputy and marched back inside the Land O’ Lakes Detention Center, the Sheriff’s Office said. Now he faces a second charge of attempted auto theft.
Karpuzi’s first arrest was on Sunday after deputies said he stole a vehicle. He was released Tuesday on $5,000 bail.
Here’s what the Sheriff’s Office said happened next:
An off-duty deputy was parked outside the jail when she watched Karpuzi walk around her vehicle and pull on the passenger-side door handle.
She got out and identified herself as a deputy, the Sheriff’s Office said, and then escorted Karpuzi to the front lobby of the jail.
The man told deputies he saw a vehicle with the engine on and didn’t realize anyone was inside, according to a Sheriff’s Office report.
Karpuzi was released again Wednesday morning on another $5,000 bail, this time without incident.
- 12/14/18 San Diego, CA – Man Steals City Park Ranger’s Truck – Chased On Freeway With Siren Blazing – Got Off Freeway – Ditched The Truck And Ran – Captured In Canyon Barefoot
- 12/13/18 San Francisco, CA – Man Breaks Into FBI Facility In San Francisco – Steals FBI Unmarked SUV With Body Armor – Man Arrested At Golden Gate Park Smashing Into Objects
- 12/12/18 Kaufman, TX – Reckless Driver Traffic Stop – Felon In Possession Of Firearm Arrest – Felon In Handcuffs Smashed Patrol Car Cage – Steals Kaufman Police Car – Chase – Crash – Arrested Again
- 12/11/18 Canton, MS – Inmate Steals Madison County Sheriff’s Office Van – Inmate Stole The Van When Returning To Jail From Court – Officer’s Firearm Left In Van – Escaped – Massive Search
- 12/8/18 Little Rock, AR – Traffic Stop Of Intoxicated Man – Assaults Two Deputies And Steals Pulaski County Sheriff’s SUV – Crash Into Other Sheriff’s Vehicles After Long Chase – Three Deputies Injured
- 12/5/18 Billings, MT – 18 Year Old Man Punched Police Officer – Tried To Steal His Patrol Car While Naked After Foot Chase – Tased And Arrested
- 12/3/18 Canterbury, NH – Crashed Vehicle Accident – 18 Year Old Male Assaulted A Woman With A Pipe – Man Jumps Into New Hampshire State SUV And Couldn’t Put It In Drive (Tremco Save) – He Is Handcuffed – Put In Second NH State Patrol Car – Climbs Into Front And Tries To Steal 2nd Patrol Car – Couldn’t Get It Out Of Park (2nd Tremco Save)
- 11/29/18 Spartanburg, SC – Pickens County Sheriff’s Deputies Were In Pursuit Of A Stolen Vehicle – A Pickens Police Officer Foot Chased Suspect – Man Steals Patrol Car – Police Officer’s Find My Phone App Located Abandoned Patrol Car – Escaped
- 11/22/18 Simpson County, MS – Handcuffed Man Steals MISSISSIPPI HIGHWAY PATROL CAR – Pursuit – Steals Second Vehicle – Ditches It – Steals 3rd Vehicle With Gun In It – Escaped – Massive Search
- 11/21/18 Brevard County, FL – Inmate Steals Brevard County Sheriff’s Unmarked Impala All The Way To Orlando – Suspect Abandons Deputy’s Car – Escaped