11/12/18 Lincoln County, WV – WEST VIRGINIA STATE POLICE Cruiser Stolen By Handcuffed Probation Violation Prisoner – All Night Search – Hours Later Found Abandoned
November 12, 2018
UPDATE (11/12/18 1:10 PM):
West Virginia State Police say the police cruiser and weapons stolen from Lincoln County have been recovered, but the man they considered armed and dangerous is still on the run.
West Virginia State Police say they are searching for a man considered armed and dangerous after a police cruiser was stolen from Lincoln County.
According to State Police, on Sunday, November 11th, 2018 at approximately 9:30 PM, two troopers arrived at a home on upper mud river road for a courtesy transport.
Troopers say Michael McLaughlin was at the home and ran away because he is wanted for a probation violation. Both units pursued and apprehended McLaughlin.
Troopers say McLaughlin was then placed in the back of a cruiser, handcuffed behind the back and secured with a seatbelt
As troopers continued to deal with the initial situation, apparently, McLaughlin slipped his handcuffs and began to flee in the Cruiser.
Troopers say they attempted to gain control of McLaughlin but were forced to disengage
Multiple troopers and aviation continue to search for the suspect, the cruiser, and associated equipment (patrol rifle and shotgun).
The cruiser is a blue and gold, Ford Taurus sedan with WVSP plate 541.
Warrants are being obtained for the suspect and he should be considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone who sees the cruiser or McLaughlin is asked to contact the WVSP Huntington Detachment at 304-528-5555 or call 911 immediately.
- 12/14/18 San Diego, CA – Man Steals City Park Ranger’s Truck – Chased On Freeway With Siren Blazing – Got Off Freeway – Ditched The Truck And Ran – Captured In Canyon Barefoot
- 12/13/18 San Francisco, CA – Man Breaks Into FBI Facility In San Francisco – Steals FBI Unmarked SUV With Body Armor – Man Arrested At Golden Gate Park Smashing Into Objects
- 12/12/18 Kaufman, TX – Reckless Driver Traffic Stop – Felon In Possession Of Firearm Arrest – Felon In Handcuffs Smashed Patrol Car Cage – Steals Kaufman Police Car – Chase – Crash – Arrested Again
- 12/11/18 Canton, MS – Inmate Steals Madison County Sheriff’s Office Van – Inmate Stole The Van When Returning To Jail From Court – Officer’s Firearm Left In Van – Escaped – Massive Search
- 12/8/18 Little Rock, AR – Traffic Stop Of Intoxicated Man – Assaults Two Deputies And Steals Pulaski County Sheriff’s SUV – Crash Into Other Sheriff’s Vehicles After Long Chase – Three Deputies Injured
- 12/5/18 Billings, MT – 18 Year Old Man Punched Police Officer – Tried To Steal His Patrol Car While Naked After Foot Chase – Tased And Arrested
- 12/3/18 Canterbury, NH – Crashed Vehicle Accident – 18 Year Old Male Assaulted A Woman With A Pipe – Man Jumps Into New Hampshire State SUV And Couldn’t Put It In Drive (Tremco Save) – He Is Handcuffed – Put In Second NH State Patrol Car – Climbs Into Front And Tries To Steal 2nd Patrol Car – Couldn’t Get It Out Of Park (2nd Tremco Save)
- 11/29/18 Spartanburg, SC – Pickens County Sheriff’s Deputies Were In Pursuit Of A Stolen Vehicle – A Pickens Police Officer Foot Chased Suspect – Man Steals Patrol Car – Police Officer’s Find My Phone App Located Abandoned Patrol Car – Escaped
- 11/22/18 Simpson County, MS – Handcuffed Man Steals MISSISSIPPI HIGHWAY PATROL CAR – Pursuit – Steals Second Vehicle – Ditches It – Steals 3rd Vehicle With Gun In It – Escaped – Massive Search
- 11/21/18 Brevard County, FL – Inmate Steals Brevard County Sheriff’s Unmarked Impala All The Way To Orlando – Suspect Abandons Deputy’s Car – Escaped