11/12/18 Lincoln County, WV – WEST VIRGINIA STATE POLICE Cruiser Stolen By Handcuffed Probation Violation Prisoner – All Night Search – Hours Later Found Abandoned
November 12, 2018
UPDATE (11/12/18 1:10 PM):
West Virginia State Police say the police cruiser and weapons stolen from Lincoln County have been recovered, but the man they considered armed and dangerous is still on the run.
West Virginia State Police say they are searching for a man considered armed and dangerous after a police cruiser was stolen from Lincoln County.
According to State Police, on Sunday, November 11th, 2018 at approximately 9:30 PM, two troopers arrived at a home on upper mud river road for a courtesy transport.
Troopers say Michael McLaughlin was at the home and ran away because he is wanted for a probation violation. Both units pursued and apprehended McLaughlin.
Troopers say McLaughlin was then placed in the back of a cruiser, handcuffed behind the back and secured with a seatbelt
As troopers continued to deal with the initial situation, apparently, McLaughlin slipped his handcuffs and began to flee in the Cruiser.
Troopers say they attempted to gain control of McLaughlin but were forced to disengage
Multiple troopers and aviation continue to search for the suspect, the cruiser, and associated equipment (patrol rifle and shotgun).
The cruiser is a blue and gold, Ford Taurus sedan with WVSP plate 541.
Warrants are being obtained for the suspect and he should be considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone who sees the cruiser or McLaughlin is asked to contact the WVSP Huntington Detachment at 304-528-5555 or call 911 immediately.
- 02/17/19 Chapmanville, WV – DUI Suspect In Handcuffs Steals Police Cruiser – Hits 3 Civilian Vehicles And A Second Police Cruiser – Arrested
- 02/15/19 Rochelle Park, NJ – Burglary Suspect Caught By Residents On Second Floor – Jumps From Roof To Get Away – Jumps Into Police Car When He Thought It Was The Lyft That He Called – Arrested For Attempted Theft
- 02/10/19 Colorado Springs, CO – Suspicious Person Call – Man Jumps Into Marked Cruiser – High Speed – Rolls Marked Cruiser Several Times – Shutdown Highway For Hours
- 02/8/19 Columbus, OH – Overdose Call – Police Revive Man With Narcan – He Was Given CPR By Bystanders First – He Jumps In And Steals Their Police Cruiser – Escaped – Abandoned Cruiser
- 02/8/19 Turlock, CA – Parolee Enters Secure Area Of Police Station – Is Found Attempting To Steal Patrol Car – Captured
- 02/7/19 Chattanooga, TN – Man Fights With Police Officer – Steals Patrol Car – 100 MPH Chase – Gets Stuck In Mud – Police Had To Break Window – Handgun And Meth Found On Him
- 02/5/19 Corpus Christi, TX – Lengthy Pursuit – In Custody Suspect Steals Patrol Car – Slams Into Innocent Woman’s Vehicle with Three Juveniles – Five Taken To Hospital
- 02/4/19 Asheboro, NC – Randolph County Sheriff’s Officer Had A Family Member Steal A Patrol Car From The Home Of The Assigned Member – The Sheriff’s Officer Member Was Away At The Time – Totaled Patrol Car – 17 Year Old Arrested
- 02/3/19 Detroit, MI – Marked Dodge Charger Stolen While Officer Left It Running – Suspect Arrested Under The Influence
- 02/1/19 Kansas City, KS – Traffic Stop – Suspect Steals Marked Police Cruiser – Pursuit – Crash Into Ravine – Suspect Escapes – Tries To Climb In Taco Bell Drive Up Window – Arrested