11/12/18 Lincoln County, WV – WEST VIRGINIA STATE POLICE Cruiser Stolen By Handcuffed Probation Violation Prisoner – All Night Search – Hours Later Found Abandoned
November 12, 2018
UPDATE (11/12/18 1:10 PM):
West Virginia State Police say the police cruiser and weapons stolen from Lincoln County have been recovered, but the man they considered armed and dangerous is still on the run.
West Virginia State Police say they are searching for a man considered armed and dangerous after a police cruiser was stolen from Lincoln County.
According to State Police, on Sunday, November 11th, 2018 at approximately 9:30 PM, two troopers arrived at a home on upper mud river road for a courtesy transport.
Troopers say Michael McLaughlin was at the home and ran away because he is wanted for a probation violation. Both units pursued and apprehended McLaughlin.
Troopers say McLaughlin was then placed in the back of a cruiser, handcuffed behind the back and secured with a seatbelt
As troopers continued to deal with the initial situation, apparently, McLaughlin slipped his handcuffs and began to flee in the Cruiser.
Troopers say they attempted to gain control of McLaughlin but were forced to disengage
Multiple troopers and aviation continue to search for the suspect, the cruiser, and associated equipment (patrol rifle and shotgun).
The cruiser is a blue and gold, Ford Taurus sedan with WVSP plate 541.
Warrants are being obtained for the suspect and he should be considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone who sees the cruiser or McLaughlin is asked to contact the WVSP Huntington Detachment at 304-528-5555 or call 911 immediately.
- 06/17/19 Tyndall, SD – Two Vehicle Accident – Four Passengers Given Comfort Sitting In Patrol Car – The Four Stole The Tyndall Patrol Car – Long 40 Mile Pursuit – 100 MPH According To Bon Homme Sheriff’s Office – Patrol Car Ran Out Of Gas – One Woman Captured – Three Escaped
- 06/8/19 Palisade, CO – Woman And Man Crash Vehicle – Woman Steals Colorado State Patrol Car – Hits Motorcycle And Several Others – Crashes – Captured
- 05/30/19 Kosciusko County, IN – 16 Year Old Runaway That Removed Her Ankle Bracelet After Crashing A Hyundai – In Handcuffs – Steals Sheriff’s Patrol Vehicle – Crashes Into Building – Breaks Into House – Multiple Charges – Meth Arrest
- 05/28/19 Sour Lake, TX – Man In Convenience Store Severely Beat To Critical Condition A Sour Lake Police Officer – He Stole His Police Car And It Was Found Abandoned On The Highway – Massive Search And Captured
- 05/24/19 St. Augustine, FL – Rt. 95 Disabled Motorist – Woman Jumps Into Driver’s Seat Of St. John’s County Service Patrol Car – She Held The Steering Wheel As She Was Hauled Out Of The Driver’s Seat – Arrested
- 05/23/19 Montebello, CA- Masked Man On Camera Steals Marked Montebello Police SUV From Police Parking Lot – Unit #9 Has Been Missing For Several Days Before Searching For It – Firearms Are In This Patrol Car – Not Found Yet
- 05/22/19 Memphis, TN – Man Steals Southaven, MS Marked Police SUV – Crosses State Lines – Crashes In Memphis – Air Unit And K9 Caught Him
- 05/20/19 Ellicott City, MD – Howard County Police Responded And Arrested A Shoplifter – Handcuffed In Police SUV – Suspect Stole The Marked Police SUV – Pursuit And Captured
- 05/18/19 Brentwood, TN – Hit And Run Accident Suspect Captured – In Handcuffs Steals Brentwood Patrol Car – Chased Down Highway – Jumps Out And Runs – Captured
- 05/9/19 Brevard County, FL – An Orange County Marked Patrol Car SUV Chased A Black Cadillac That Crashed Into A Cocoa Home Causing Extensive Damage – Officers At Crash Scene Saw The Stolen Orange County SUV With Lights On Attempting To Pull Over Other Civilians – Later Found Abandoned Patrol Car