10/25/18 California – CHP Flat Tire Call Finds Man With Meth – Arrested And Put In Handcuffs – Steals CHP Patrol Car – Ditched It – Found 12 Hours Later After Massive Search
October 25, 2018
An Olivehurst man allegedly broke free of handcuffs, stole a patrol car and commandeered a golf cart in his flight from law enforcement Thursday.
Oroville California High Patrol officers stopped around 1:20 a.m. to assist a group of people who had pulled over due to a flat tire on northbound Highway 70 near Palermo Road. Officers learned one of the vehicle’s occupants, Antonio Uriostegui, 40, of Olivehurst, had an $11,000 outstanding warrant for a misdemeanor, according to a CHP press release
Officers arrested Uriostegui and searched the vehicle, where they found 0.7 grams of what they believed to be meth. As they looked for more evidence and checked on the two women with Uriostegui, he escaped his handcuffs and drove off in the CHP patrol car, the release states.
After about 3 miles, Uriostegui pulled over and began fleeing on foot. Oroville CHP contacted multiple agencies and the search for Uriostegui began.
More than 12 hours after officers had first come into contact with Uriostegui, the Oroville and Yuba-Sutter CHP received a call about a suspicious person walking in a field with handcuffs. CHP officers with air support, Yuba County sheriff’s deputies, and a Yuba City police dog and handler descended on Uriostegui’s location.
As law enforcement closed in, Uriostegui stole a golf cart from a nearby farming operation and drove through an orchard before authorities were finally able to apprehend him, the release states.
- 05/24/19 St. Augustine, FL – Rt. 95 Disabled Motorist – Woman Jumps Into Driver’s Seat Of St. John’s County Service Patrol Car – She Held The Steering Wheel As She Was Hauled Out Of The Driver’s Seat – Arrested
- 05/23/19 Montebello, CA- Masked Man On Camera Steals Marked Montebello Police SUV From Police Parking Lot – Unit #9 Has Been Missing For Several Days Before Searching For It – Firearms Are In This Patrol Car – Not Found Yet
- 05/22/19 Memphis, TN – Man Steals Southaven, MS Marked Police SUV – Crosses State Lines – Crashes In Memphis – Air Unit And K9 Caught Him
- 05/20/19 Ellicott City, MD – Howard County Police Responded And Arrested A Shoplifter – Handcuffed In Police SUV – Suspect Stole The Marked Police SUV – Pursuit And Captured
- 05/18/19 Brentwood, TN – Hit And Run Accident Suspect Captured – In Handcuffs Steals Brentwood Patrol Car – Chased Down Highway – Jumps Out And Runs – Captured
- 05/9/19 Brevard County, FL – An Orange County Marked Patrol Car SUV Chased A Black Cadillac That Crashed Into A Cocoa Home Causing Extensive Damage – Officers At Crash Scene Saw The Stolen Orange County SUV With Lights On Attempting To Pull Over Other Civilians – Later Found Abandoned Patrol Car
- 05/6/19 Grand Forks, ND – Man With Warrant Tries To Steal Officer’s Gun – Steals His Police Car – High Speed – Wrong Way On Highway – Crashes Into Semi – Killed On Impact
- 04/29/19 Pueblo, CO – Wrong Way Driver Stopped – Suspect Steals Colorado State Patrol Dodge Charger – State Trooper Dragged – Hurt – 100 MPH Chase For 36 Miles – Avoiding Spike Strips – Rollover – Totaled
- 04/27/19 Bedford County, TN- Inmate Escaped Custody-Suspect Steals Sumner County Deputies Car While He Was Outside the Patrol Car-Stolen Police Car Found in Nashville- Inmate Escaped
- 04/26/19 San Bernardino, CA – While Deputy Was Taking A Report – A Man Steals San Bernardino Marked Sheriff’s Car – Massive Search – Found 1 Hour Later – Struggle With Suspect – Arrested