10/25/18 California – CHP Flat Tire Call Finds Man With Meth – Arrested And Put In Handcuffs – Steals CHP Patrol Car – Ditched It – Found 12 Hours Later After Massive Search
October 25, 2018
An Olivehurst man allegedly broke free of handcuffs, stole a patrol car and commandeered a golf cart in his flight from law enforcement Thursday.
Oroville California High Patrol officers stopped around 1:20 a.m. to assist a group of people who had pulled over due to a flat tire on northbound Highway 70 near Palermo Road. Officers learned one of the vehicle’s occupants, Antonio Uriostegui, 40, of Olivehurst, had an $11,000 outstanding warrant for a misdemeanor, according to a CHP press release
Officers arrested Uriostegui and searched the vehicle, where they found 0.7 grams of what they believed to be meth. As they looked for more evidence and checked on the two women with Uriostegui, he escaped his handcuffs and drove off in the CHP patrol car, the release states.
After about 3 miles, Uriostegui pulled over and began fleeing on foot. Oroville CHP contacted multiple agencies and the search for Uriostegui began.
More than 12 hours after officers had first come into contact with Uriostegui, the Oroville and Yuba-Sutter CHP received a call about a suspicious person walking in a field with handcuffs. CHP officers with air support, Yuba County sheriff’s deputies, and a Yuba City police dog and handler descended on Uriostegui’s location.
As law enforcement closed in, Uriostegui stole a golf cart from a nearby farming operation and drove through an orchard before authorities were finally able to apprehend him, the release states.
- 11/12/18 Lincoln County, WV – WEST VIRGINIA STATE POLICE Cruiser Stolen By Handcuffed Probation Violation Prisoner – All Night Search – Hours Later Found Abandoned
- 11/9/18 Marion, OH – Man Steals Marion County Sheriff’s Patrol Car While Deputy Was Serving A Warrant – Patrol Car Flipped Over And Totaled
- 11/6/18 Atoka, TN – Woman Steals Shelby County Sheriff’s Pick Up – Drives To Arkansas – Gets In Head On Accident And Killed
- 11/3/18 Mishawaka, IN – Suspect Steals Mishawaka Marked Patrol Car From Police Station – Patrol Car Found Abandoned Off Road – Suspect Escaped
- 11/3/18 Birmingham, Al – Officers Observed Erratic Driver – Chase – Suspect Bails Out – Runs – Circles Back – Steals Birmingham Police Patrol Car – Second Chase – Suspect Bails – Escaped
- 11/2/18 Hendersonville, NC – On Patrol – Officer Saw Man Jumping On A Van – Man Runs At Officer Yelling Incoherently – Jumps Into Hendersonville Patrol Car And Steals It – Patrol Car Found Wrecked – Arrested
- 10/31/18 West Carroll Parish, LA – Suspicious People Call – Man On Meth – Handcuffed – Steals West Carroll Deputy’s Patrol Car – 100 Chase – Crash – Fire Shotgun
- 10/30/18 Orange, MA – Man Carjacks In NH – Chase To VT And Into MA – State Trooper Boxed Him In – Suspect Attacks Trooper – Stabs Him Multiple Times – Other Police Officer Shoots Him Trying To Steal His Cruiser – Tremco Saved This Police Cruiser
- 10/25/18 California – CHP Flat Tire Call Finds Man With Meth – Arrested And Put In Handcuffs – Steals CHP Patrol Car – Ditched It – Found 12 Hours Later After Massive Search
- 10/22/18 Hartland, ME – NH Man Takes His Clothes Off While Attempting To Steal Vehicles – A Deputy Of Somerset County Sheriff’s Fought With Him – He Jumps Into His Police Cruiser And Tries To Steal It – Civilian Ride Along Stops Him