10/18/18 Bedford, PA – Woman Robs Store – Attacks Driver Of Tractor Trailer – Handcuffed – Steals PENNSYLVANIA STATE POLICE Car – 100 MPH Chase – Attempted to Hit 2 Troopers – Multiple Crashes – Crashed Patrol Car
October 18, 2018
An Indiana woman is accused of stealing a Pennsylvania State Police patrol car and leading them on a breakneck chase down the Pennsylvania Turnpike, striking three cars and attempting to hit two state troopers before crashing.
According to police, the woman, Sarah Miller, stole a cellphone at the Sheetz in Breezewood before jumping into an already-occupied tractor-trailer. It’s unclear if the driver knew she was in the truck, but police say she attacked the driver and “refused to exit his truck” after he got onto Interstate 70.
After she finally got out of the truck, police say they chased after her and arrested her, cuffing her and putting her into a patrol car, but her alleged escape attempt wasn’t over yet.
According to a police report, Miller “was able to slip one hand out of the cuffs” and get into the driver’s seat of the police car. According to police, she then sped away and got onto the Turnpike, headed west.
At the same time, a nearby fiery tractor-trailer crash in the eastbound lanes of the Turnpike snarled traffic on both sides of the highway. According to police, Miller weaved in and out of traffic related to that crash at speeds in excess of 100 mph, striking three vehicles, attempting to hit two troopers and attempting to ram another state police vehicle.
Miller eventually crashed somewhere near the Allegheny Tunnel and was finally arrested. According to state police, she is facing charges of robbery, motor vehicle theft, escape and “numerous other charges.”
There were no reports of serious injuries during the pursuit.
- 05/24/19 St. Augustine, FL – Rt. 95 Disabled Motorist – Woman Jumps Into Driver’s Seat Of St. John’s County Service Patrol Car – She Held The Steering Wheel As She Was Hauled Out Of The Driver’s Seat – Arrested
- 05/23/19 Montebello, CA- Masked Man On Camera Steals Marked Montebello Police SUV From Police Parking Lot – Unit #9 Has Been Missing For Several Days Before Searching For It – Firearms Are In This Patrol Car – Not Found Yet
- 05/22/19 Memphis, TN – Man Steals Southaven, MS Marked Police SUV – Crosses State Lines – Crashes In Memphis – Air Unit And K9 Caught Him
- 05/20/19 Ellicott City, MD – Howard County Police Responded And Arrested A Shoplifter – Handcuffed In Police SUV – Suspect Stole The Marked Police SUV – Pursuit And Captured
- 05/18/19 Brentwood, TN – Hit And Run Accident Suspect Captured – In Handcuffs Steals Brentwood Patrol Car – Chased Down Highway – Jumps Out And Runs – Captured
- 05/9/19 Brevard County, FL – An Orange County Marked Patrol Car SUV Chased A Black Cadillac That Crashed Into A Cocoa Home Causing Extensive Damage – Officers At Crash Scene Saw The Stolen Orange County SUV With Lights On Attempting To Pull Over Other Civilians – Later Found Abandoned Patrol Car
- 05/6/19 Grand Forks, ND – Man With Warrant Tries To Steal Officer’s Gun – Steals His Police Car – High Speed – Wrong Way On Highway – Crashes Into Semi – Killed On Impact
- 04/29/19 Pueblo, CO – Wrong Way Driver Stopped – Suspect Steals Colorado State Patrol Dodge Charger – State Trooper Dragged – Hurt – 100 MPH Chase For 36 Miles – Avoiding Spike Strips – Rollover – Totaled
- 04/27/19 Bedford County, TN- Inmate Escaped Custody-Suspect Steals Sumner County Deputies Car While He Was Outside the Patrol Car-Stolen Police Car Found in Nashville- Inmate Escaped
- 04/26/19 San Bernardino, CA – While Deputy Was Taking A Report – A Man Steals San Bernardino Marked Sheriff’s Car – Massive Search – Found 1 Hour Later – Struggle With Suspect – Arrested