10/18/18 Bedford, PA – Woman Robs Store – Attacks Driver Of Tractor Trailer – Handcuffed – Steals PENNSYLVANIA STATE POLICE Car – 100 MPH Chase – Attempted to Hit 2 Troopers – Multiple Crashes – Crashed Patrol Car
October 18, 2018
An Indiana woman is accused of stealing a Pennsylvania State Police patrol car and leading them on a breakneck chase down the Pennsylvania Turnpike, striking three cars and attempting to hit two state troopers before crashing.
According to police, the woman, Sarah Miller, stole a cellphone at the Sheetz in Breezewood before jumping into an already-occupied tractor-trailer. It’s unclear if the driver knew she was in the truck, but police say she attacked the driver and “refused to exit his truck” after he got onto Interstate 70.
After she finally got out of the truck, police say they chased after her and arrested her, cuffing her and putting her into a patrol car, but her alleged escape attempt wasn’t over yet.
According to a police report, Miller “was able to slip one hand out of the cuffs” and get into the driver’s seat of the police car. According to police, she then sped away and got onto the Turnpike, headed west.
At the same time, a nearby fiery tractor-trailer crash in the eastbound lanes of the Turnpike snarled traffic on both sides of the highway. According to police, Miller weaved in and out of traffic related to that crash at speeds in excess of 100 mph, striking three vehicles, attempting to hit two troopers and attempting to ram another state police vehicle.
Miller eventually crashed somewhere near the Allegheny Tunnel and was finally arrested. According to state police, she is facing charges of robbery, motor vehicle theft, escape and “numerous other charges.”
There were no reports of serious injuries during the pursuit.
- 08/15/19 St. John’s County, FL – Wanted Felon In Accident – Combative – Steals Off Duty Lt. Unmarked – High Speed Chase – Pit Maneuver – Multiple Police Vehicles Crashed
- 08/15/19 Durham, CAN – 40 Year Old Man Chase In A Van – Foot Chase – Pushes Officer Into A Ditch And Tries To Steal His Marked Patrol Car – Captured
- 08/14/19 Milford, DE – 3 Juveniles Arrested After Stealing 5 Dodge Charger Police Cars – 2 Durangos And A Dodge Ram – State Police Pursuit Of Police Charger That Crashed Into A Tree – All 3 Arrested
- 08/13/19 Montebello, CA – Patrol Car Stolen From Police Station Found 1 Month Later – Totaled Over Embankment – Stolen Weapons – Police Equipment – 3 Arrested Had Weapons And Equipment
- 08/12/19 Coral Gables, FL – Police Cruiser Stolen From Officer’s Home – Rear Window Smashed – Abandoned
- 08/9/19 Charleston, WV – Man Harassing People In Emergency Room – Handcuffed And Placed Into Police Cruiser – Jumps Into Driver’s Seat And Tries To Steal It – Fights With Officers – Officers Saved The Vehicle
- 08/6/19 Montgomery County, OH – Passed Out Man In Pick Up Call – Man Steals Deputy’s Marked Patrol Car – 100 MPH Chase – Crashed Into Vehicles – Spike Strips – Captured
- 08/5/19 California – Marked CHP SUV Stolen After Foot Chase – Excess Of 100 MPH Chase – 3 County Pursuit – Four Car Crash – Hijacked Civilian Vehicles – Captured
- 08/2/19 Kent, WA – Woman Steals Kent Marked Tahoe – Half Hour Chase – Multiple Accidents – Many Patrol Cars Damaged
- 08/1/19 Santa Rosa, CA – Man Tried To Stab A Rosa Plaza Security Officer – Before Jumping Into A Sonoma County Sheriff’s Marked Unit – Deputy Shoots Suspect 3 Times Trying To Steal It