10/18/18 Bedford, PA – Woman Robs Store – Attacks Driver Of Tractor Trailer – Handcuffed – Steals PENNSYLVANIA STATE POLICE Car – 100 MPH Chase – Attempted to Hit 2 Troopers – Multiple Crashes – Crashed Patrol Car
October 18, 2018
An Indiana woman is accused of stealing a Pennsylvania State Police patrol car and leading them on a breakneck chase down the Pennsylvania Turnpike, striking three cars and attempting to hit two state troopers before crashing.
According to police, the woman, Sarah Miller, stole a cellphone at the Sheetz in Breezewood before jumping into an already-occupied tractor-trailer. It’s unclear if the driver knew she was in the truck, but police say she attacked the driver and “refused to exit his truck” after he got onto Interstate 70.
After she finally got out of the truck, police say they chased after her and arrested her, cuffing her and putting her into a patrol car, but her alleged escape attempt wasn’t over yet.
According to a police report, Miller “was able to slip one hand out of the cuffs” and get into the driver’s seat of the police car. According to police, she then sped away and got onto the Turnpike, headed west.
At the same time, a nearby fiery tractor-trailer crash in the eastbound lanes of the Turnpike snarled traffic on both sides of the highway. According to police, Miller weaved in and out of traffic related to that crash at speeds in excess of 100 mph, striking three vehicles, attempting to hit two troopers and attempting to ram another state police vehicle.
Miller eventually crashed somewhere near the Allegheny Tunnel and was finally arrested. According to state police, she is facing charges of robbery, motor vehicle theft, escape and “numerous other charges.”
There were no reports of serious injuries during the pursuit.
- 01/19/19 Eureka, CA – Homeless Man Just Released From Jail Jumps Into Police Car To Steal It – Eureka Police Officer Pulls Him Out Of The Patrol Car – The Suspect Got The Shifter Into Neutral – While The Suspect Was Being Arrested The Patrol Car Rolled Over His Legs – Injured – To Hospital
- 01/19/19 Canton, OH – Man On Parole Steals On-Duty Marked Patrol Car By Smashing Window When Stopped – Identified Himself As A Police Officer – Had The Police Officer’s Identification – Struggle – Arrested
- 01/16/19 Atlanta, GA – Man Tries To Steal Atlanta Police Unmarked Police Car At Gas Station While Officer Was Filling Up – Mayor Protection Unit – Officer SHOOTS AND KILLS HIM
- 01/14/19 Elkton, MD – Crash Scene – Drunk Driver In Handcuffs Steals Police Car And Hits Fire Truck – Police Chase Into Delaware – Crashed Into Tree – Arrested Again
- 01/08/19 Spencer, OK Handcuffed man steals spencer Police Cruiser and drives away – Escaped
- 01/6/19 Morrow County, OH – Crashed Stolen Pick Up – Distressed Woman In Underwear Runs Away And Back – Steals Morrow Deputy’s Patrol Car – Chase – Crash Into Tree – Apprehended
- 01/06/19 Carrol County, SC Two inmates escape a work detail in a government stolen car found in Patrick County SC. Inmates on the run escaped.
- 01/3/19 Conroe, TX – Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office Is Searching For A Stolen Prairie View Unmarked Tahoe Police Vehicle
- 01/2/19 Orangeburg, SC – St. Matthews Man In Orangeburg Stopped Driving Stolen Columbia Airport Metro Police Department Vehicle – When Deputies Searched The Vehicle They Found White Powder – 9 mm Firearm – Digital Scales
- 1/1/19 Grand Rapids, MI – Early New Years Day – Call For A Fight With A Person With A Gun – A Woman Ran From The House And Stole A Grand Rapids Patrol Car – Drove Over Sidewalks – Ran Away – K9 Got Her