05/9/19 Brevard County, FL – An Orange County Marked Patrol Car SUV Chased A Black Cadillac That Crashed Into A Cocoa Home Causing Extensive Damage – Officers At Crash Scene Saw The Stolen Orange County SUV With Lights On Attempting To Pull Over Other Civilians – Later Found Abandoned Patrol Car
One man is in custody after deputies say a marked Orange County Sheriff’s cruiser was stolen early Thursday morning.
According to a press release from the Cocoa Police Department, they received a call around 1:41 a.m. about a car crashing into a home. When police arrived on the scene, they found a black Cadillac crashed into a garage on Greenwood Way. That vehicle was confirmed stolen from West Palm Beach, but the occupants had fled the car.
“According to witnesses, the Orange County patrol vehicle, a marked white SUV, had its lights activated and appeared to have been in pursuit of the Cadillac at the time of the crash,” Cocoa police said. “As officers investigated the crash scene, another officer witnessed the Orange County patrol car attempting to pull over additional vehicles in the area.”
“Officers later witnessed the stolen patrol vehicle attempting to stop a black Nissan in the area of Fiske Blvd.”
The stolen vehicle was reportedly found dumped in a Save-A-Lot shopping plaza in Cocoa. Deputies say the cruiser was stolen in Rockledge.
The cruiser has been recovered.
- 07/13/19 Rochester, PA – Handcuffed Woman That Is Wanted In Texas For Robbery Steals Patrol Car After Punching And Kicking Police Officer – Captured Later After Chase
- 07/11/19 Jacksonville, NC – Armed Suicidal Man In Foot Chase Doubled Back And Stole A Jacksonville K9 Vehicle While K9 Was Looking For Him – 3 County High Speed Pursuit – Man Was Convinced Over The Police Radio To Surrender
- 07/5/19 Ferndale, MI – 24 Year Old Woman Steals Ferndale Police Car – Chase And Crash In Detroit – After Capture – She Says “She Just Wanted To Have Some Fun” – Officers Believe Mental Illness
- 07/3/19 Bullitt County, KY – Handcuffed Man With Multiple Warrants Steals Bullitt County Sheriff’s Car – Multiple State And Local Agencies Pursuit – Man Bails Out At Fairgrounds – Later Captured With Meth
- 06/29/19 El Dorado, AR – Shots Fired Call – Parole Suspect On Foot Chase Steals Patrol Car – Chase – Suspect Crashes Into Second Patrol Car – Officer Injuries – Break Into Home – Arrested
- 06/27/19 Winnipeg, CAN. – Marked Police Cruiser Stolen At Gas Station While Officers Were Apprehending Suspects – Winnipeg Police And RCMP Chase – Arrest On Highway
- 06/24/19 Nashua, NH – Traffic Stop – Man Not Involved Jumped Into Nashua Police Cruiser – Steals Police Cruiser While Officer Fights With Him – Crashes Into Fence And Porch – Bites Officer – Then Hits Park Bench
- 06/22/19 Surry RCMP, CAN. – Erratic Driver Stop – One Suspect Steals RCMP SUV – Patrol Car Crashed Into Train Station Fencing – Escaped
- 06/17/19 Tyndall, SD – Two Vehicle Accident – Four Passengers Given Comfort Sitting In Patrol Car – The Four Stole The Tyndall Patrol Car – Long 40 Mile Pursuit – 100 MPH According To Bon Homme Sheriff’s Office – Patrol Car Ran Out Of Gas – One Woman Captured – Three Escaped
- 06/8/19 Palisade, CO – Woman And Man Crash Vehicle – Woman Steals Colorado State Patrol Car – Hits Motorcycle And Several Others – Crashes – Captured