05/18/19 Brentwood, TN – Hit And Run Accident Suspect Captured – In Handcuffs Steals Brentwood Patrol Car – Chased Down Highway – Jumps Out And Runs – Captured
A man wearing handcuffs climbed through a divider in a Brentwood Police cruiser and stole the car, leading officers on a chase, first down then interstate, then through the woods, according to Brentwood Police.
Jerry Pack, 44, is charged with theft, evading arrest with a motor vehicle, theft under $1,000 and reckless endangerment with a deadly weapon.
Metro police assisted in this investigation and charged Cristin Gowdy, 35, with theft and failure to give/render aid.
According to an affidavit, Gowdy and Pack were involved in a hit-and-run crash on Old Hickory Boulevard at Eastpark Drive Friday afternoon. Officers say the pair were driving a stolen car when it happened and took off before police got the scene.
Brentwood police found the suspects and brought them back to the crash scene, according to an affidavit.
Assistant Chief of Police Tommy Walsh, Brentwood Police Department, told News 2, Pack was handcuffed and in the back of a police cruiser while officers were investigating the hit-and-run crash.
While Pack was in the car alone, Assistant Chief Walsh says he managed to move the handcuffs in front of his body, climb through the open cage dividing the front and back seats and drive away in the patrol car.
Officers followed and chased him down Old Hickory Boulevard to I-65. From there, Assistant Chief Walsh says Pack got off the interstate at Concord Road, drove south down Franklin Road and turned on Lynnwood Way where he got out of the car and ran.
Pack was captured in a wooded area nearby soon after.
Assistant Chief Walsh says Pack had minor injuries and was first taken to Williamson Medical Center for treatment and then booked into the Williamson County Jail.
As for Gowdy, Metro police say she admitted to leaving the scene of the hit-and-run crash with Pack but told officers she did not know the car was stolen.
- 08/15/19 St. John’s County, FL – Wanted Felon In Accident – Combative – Steals Off Duty Lt. Unmarked – High Speed Chase – Pit Maneuver – Multiple Police Vehicles Crashed
- 08/15/19 Durham, CAN – 40 Year Old Man Chase In A Van – Foot Chase – Pushes Officer Into A Ditch And Tries To Steal His Marked Patrol Car – Captured
- 08/14/19 Milford, DE – 3 Juveniles Arrested After Stealing 5 Dodge Charger Police Cars – 2 Durangos And A Dodge Ram – State Police Pursuit Of Police Charger That Crashed Into A Tree – All 3 Arrested
- 08/13/19 Montebello, CA – Patrol Car Stolen From Police Station Found 1 Month Later – Totaled Over Embankment – Stolen Weapons – Police Equipment – 3 Arrested Had Weapons And Equipment
- 08/12/19 Coral Gables, FL – Police Cruiser Stolen From Officer’s Home – Rear Window Smashed – Abandoned
- 08/9/19 Charleston, WV – Man Harassing People In Emergency Room – Handcuffed And Placed Into Police Cruiser – Jumps Into Driver’s Seat And Tries To Steal It – Fights With Officers – Officers Saved The Vehicle
- 08/6/19 Montgomery County, OH – Passed Out Man In Pick Up Call – Man Steals Deputy’s Marked Patrol Car – 100 MPH Chase – Crashed Into Vehicles – Spike Strips – Captured
- 08/5/19 California – Marked CHP SUV Stolen After Foot Chase – Excess Of 100 MPH Chase – 3 County Pursuit – Four Car Crash – Hijacked Civilian Vehicles – Captured
- 08/2/19 Kent, WA – Woman Steals Kent Marked Tahoe – Half Hour Chase – Multiple Accidents – Many Patrol Cars Damaged
- 08/1/19 Santa Rosa, CA – Man Tried To Stab A Rosa Plaza Security Officer – Before Jumping Into A Sonoma County Sheriff’s Marked Unit – Deputy Shoots Suspect 3 Times Trying To Steal It