05/18/19 Brentwood, TN – Hit And Run Accident Suspect Captured – In Handcuffs Steals Brentwood Patrol Car – Chased Down Highway – Jumps Out And Runs – Captured
A man wearing handcuffs climbed through a divider in a Brentwood Police cruiser and stole the car, leading officers on a chase, first down then interstate, then through the woods, according to Brentwood Police.
Jerry Pack, 44, is charged with theft, evading arrest with a motor vehicle, theft under $1,000 and reckless endangerment with a deadly weapon.
Metro police assisted in this investigation and charged Cristin Gowdy, 35, with theft and failure to give/render aid.
According to an affidavit, Gowdy and Pack were involved in a hit-and-run crash on Old Hickory Boulevard at Eastpark Drive Friday afternoon. Officers say the pair were driving a stolen car when it happened and took off before police got the scene.
Brentwood police found the suspects and brought them back to the crash scene, according to an affidavit.
Assistant Chief of Police Tommy Walsh, Brentwood Police Department, told News 2, Pack was handcuffed and in the back of a police cruiser while officers were investigating the hit-and-run crash.
While Pack was in the car alone, Assistant Chief Walsh says he managed to move the handcuffs in front of his body, climb through the open cage dividing the front and back seats and drive away in the patrol car.
Officers followed and chased him down Old Hickory Boulevard to I-65. From there, Assistant Chief Walsh says Pack got off the interstate at Concord Road, drove south down Franklin Road and turned on Lynnwood Way where he got out of the car and ran.
Pack was captured in a wooded area nearby soon after.
Assistant Chief Walsh says Pack had minor injuries and was first taken to Williamson Medical Center for treatment and then booked into the Williamson County Jail.
As for Gowdy, Metro police say she admitted to leaving the scene of the hit-and-run crash with Pack but told officers she did not know the car was stolen.
- 06/17/19 Tyndall, SD – Two Vehicle Accident – Four Passengers Given Comfort Sitting In Patrol Car – The Four Stole The Tyndall Patrol Car – Long 40 Mile Pursuit – 100 MPH According To Bon Homme Sheriff’s Office – Patrol Car Ran Out Of Gas – One Woman Captured – Three Escaped
- 06/8/19 Palisade, CO – Woman And Man Crash Vehicle – Woman Steals Colorado State Patrol Car – Hits Motorcycle And Several Others – Crashes – Captured
- 05/30/19 Kosciusko County, IN – 16 Year Old Runaway That Removed Her Ankle Bracelet After Crashing A Hyundai – In Handcuffs – Steals Sheriff’s Patrol Vehicle – Crashes Into Building – Breaks Into House – Multiple Charges – Meth Arrest
- 05/28/19 Sour Lake, TX – Man In Convenience Store Severely Beat To Critical Condition A Sour Lake Police Officer – He Stole His Police Car And It Was Found Abandoned On The Highway – Massive Search And Captured
- 05/24/19 St. Augustine, FL – Rt. 95 Disabled Motorist – Woman Jumps Into Driver’s Seat Of St. John’s County Service Patrol Car – She Held The Steering Wheel As She Was Hauled Out Of The Driver’s Seat – Arrested
- 05/23/19 Montebello, CA- Masked Man On Camera Steals Marked Montebello Police SUV From Police Parking Lot – Unit #9 Has Been Missing For Several Days Before Searching For It – Firearms Are In This Patrol Car – Not Found Yet
- 05/22/19 Memphis, TN – Man Steals Southaven, MS Marked Police SUV – Crosses State Lines – Crashes In Memphis – Air Unit And K9 Caught Him
- 05/20/19 Ellicott City, MD – Howard County Police Responded And Arrested A Shoplifter – Handcuffed In Police SUV – Suspect Stole The Marked Police SUV – Pursuit And Captured
- 05/18/19 Brentwood, TN – Hit And Run Accident Suspect Captured – In Handcuffs Steals Brentwood Patrol Car – Chased Down Highway – Jumps Out And Runs – Captured
- 05/9/19 Brevard County, FL – An Orange County Marked Patrol Car SUV Chased A Black Cadillac That Crashed Into A Cocoa Home Causing Extensive Damage – Officers At Crash Scene Saw The Stolen Orange County SUV With Lights On Attempting To Pull Over Other Civilians – Later Found Abandoned Patrol Car