05/18/19 Brentwood, TN – Hit And Run Accident Suspect Captured – In Handcuffs Steals Brentwood Patrol Car – Chased Down Highway – Jumps Out And Runs – Captured
A man wearing handcuffs climbed through a divider in a Brentwood Police cruiser and stole the car, leading officers on a chase, first down then interstate, then through the woods, according to Brentwood Police.
Jerry Pack, 44, is charged with theft, evading arrest with a motor vehicle, theft under $1,000 and reckless endangerment with a deadly weapon.
Metro police assisted in this investigation and charged Cristin Gowdy, 35, with theft and failure to give/render aid.
According to an affidavit, Gowdy and Pack were involved in a hit-and-run crash on Old Hickory Boulevard at Eastpark Drive Friday afternoon. Officers say the pair were driving a stolen car when it happened and took off before police got the scene.
Brentwood police found the suspects and brought them back to the crash scene, according to an affidavit.
Assistant Chief of Police Tommy Walsh, Brentwood Police Department, told News 2, Pack was handcuffed and in the back of a police cruiser while officers were investigating the hit-and-run crash.
While Pack was in the car alone, Assistant Chief Walsh says he managed to move the handcuffs in front of his body, climb through the open cage dividing the front and back seats and drive away in the patrol car.
Officers followed and chased him down Old Hickory Boulevard to I-65. From there, Assistant Chief Walsh says Pack got off the interstate at Concord Road, drove south down Franklin Road and turned on Lynnwood Way where he got out of the car and ran.
Pack was captured in a wooded area nearby soon after.
Assistant Chief Walsh says Pack had minor injuries and was first taken to Williamson Medical Center for treatment and then booked into the Williamson County Jail.
As for Gowdy, Metro police say she admitted to leaving the scene of the hit-and-run crash with Pack but told officers she did not know the car was stolen.
- 05/24/19 St. Augustine, FL – Rt. 95 Disabled Motorist – Woman Jumps Into Driver’s Seat Of St. John’s County Service Patrol Car – She Held The Steering Wheel As She Was Hauled Out Of The Driver’s Seat – Arrested
- 05/23/19 Montebello, CA- Masked Man On Camera Steals Marked Montebello Police SUV From Police Parking Lot – Unit #9 Has Been Missing For Several Days Before Searching For It – Firearms Are In This Patrol Car – Not Found Yet
- 05/22/19 Memphis, TN – Man Steals Southaven, MS Marked Police SUV – Crosses State Lines – Crashes In Memphis – Air Unit And K9 Caught Him
- 05/20/19 Ellicott City, MD – Howard County Police Responded And Arrested A Shoplifter – Handcuffed In Police SUV – Suspect Stole The Marked Police SUV – Pursuit And Captured
- 05/18/19 Brentwood, TN – Hit And Run Accident Suspect Captured – In Handcuffs Steals Brentwood Patrol Car – Chased Down Highway – Jumps Out And Runs – Captured
- 05/9/19 Brevard County, FL – An Orange County Marked Patrol Car SUV Chased A Black Cadillac That Crashed Into A Cocoa Home Causing Extensive Damage – Officers At Crash Scene Saw The Stolen Orange County SUV With Lights On Attempting To Pull Over Other Civilians – Later Found Abandoned Patrol Car
- 05/6/19 Grand Forks, ND – Man With Warrant Tries To Steal Officer’s Gun – Steals His Police Car – High Speed – Wrong Way On Highway – Crashes Into Semi – Killed On Impact
- 04/29/19 Pueblo, CO – Wrong Way Driver Stopped – Suspect Steals Colorado State Patrol Dodge Charger – State Trooper Dragged – Hurt – 100 MPH Chase For 36 Miles – Avoiding Spike Strips – Rollover – Totaled
- 04/27/19 Bedford County, TN- Inmate Escaped Custody-Suspect Steals Sumner County Deputies Car While He Was Outside the Patrol Car-Stolen Police Car Found in Nashville- Inmate Escaped
- 04/26/19 San Bernardino, CA – While Deputy Was Taking A Report – A Man Steals San Bernardino Marked Sheriff’s Car – Massive Search – Found 1 Hour Later – Struggle With Suspect – Arrested