04/2/19 Utica, MI – High Speed Chase Through Multiple Cities – Two Suspects Bail Out Of Vehicle – Police Run After Them On Foot – Third Suspect Bails Out Of Vehicle And Steals Sterling Heights Police Cruiser – Crash – Three Arrests
A high-speed police chase started Tuesday in the area of M-59 and Van Dyke in Utica and involved multiple cars before ending in Detroit, according to authorities.
Police said the driver of an SUV was chasing a Ford Fusion when people bailed out of the Fusion. One person stole a police cruiser while officers were searching through neighborhoods for other suspects, police said.
The wild chase spanned several cities, according to police.
“I opened up my door, look outside, see a helicopter — I’m, like, ‘Wow,'” one resident said.
The chase took several twists and turns as police kept up with the Ford Fusion until two people bailed out and ran in two different directions, officials said.
One of the men was easy to spot in his bright red pants as he ran through backyards and tried to find a way out, police said, but he couldn’t escape the view of a helicopter.
“That just shows you how smart people are sometimes,” one resident said. “You’re eventually going to get caught, especially with a helicopter.”
The man was eventually surrounded by police officers and taken into custody. The other man who ran from the Fusion was also arrested, police said.
While officers were chasing the two men, a third person got out of the Fusion and stole a Sterling Heights police cruiser, according to authorities. He crashed on I-94 near 12 Mile Road in Roseville while a Macomb County Sheriff’s Office vehicle ended up in the backyard of a home.
Police said they’re still trying to sort out everything that happened during the wild series of events.
- 08/15/19 St. John’s County, FL – Wanted Felon In Accident – Combative – Steals Off Duty Lt. Unmarked – High Speed Chase – Pit Maneuver – Multiple Police Vehicles Crashed
- 08/15/19 Durham, CAN – 40 Year Old Man Chase In A Van – Foot Chase – Pushes Officer Into A Ditch And Tries To Steal His Marked Patrol Car – Captured
- 08/14/19 Milford, DE – 3 Juveniles Arrested After Stealing 5 Dodge Charger Police Cars – 2 Durangos And A Dodge Ram – State Police Pursuit Of Police Charger That Crashed Into A Tree – All 3 Arrested
- 08/13/19 Montebello, CA – Patrol Car Stolen From Police Station Found 1 Month Later – Totaled Over Embankment – Stolen Weapons – Police Equipment – 3 Arrested Had Weapons And Equipment
- 08/12/19 Coral Gables, FL – Police Cruiser Stolen From Officer’s Home – Rear Window Smashed – Abandoned
- 08/9/19 Charleston, WV – Man Harassing People In Emergency Room – Handcuffed And Placed Into Police Cruiser – Jumps Into Driver’s Seat And Tries To Steal It – Fights With Officers – Officers Saved The Vehicle
- 08/6/19 Montgomery County, OH – Passed Out Man In Pick Up Call – Man Steals Deputy’s Marked Patrol Car – 100 MPH Chase – Crashed Into Vehicles – Spike Strips – Captured
- 08/5/19 California – Marked CHP SUV Stolen After Foot Chase – Excess Of 100 MPH Chase – 3 County Pursuit – Four Car Crash – Hijacked Civilian Vehicles – Captured
- 08/2/19 Kent, WA – Woman Steals Kent Marked Tahoe – Half Hour Chase – Multiple Accidents – Many Patrol Cars Damaged
- 08/1/19 Santa Rosa, CA – Man Tried To Stab A Rosa Plaza Security Officer – Before Jumping Into A Sonoma County Sheriff’s Marked Unit – Deputy Shoots Suspect 3 Times Trying To Steal It