03/7/19 Forest Park, OH – 20 Year Old Woman In Lobby Of Police Station – Steals Running Patrol Car – She Is Chased Into Kentucky And Indiana – Spike Strips – Ran Into Ditch
A woman is facing a list of charges in at least two states, after taking off in a police cruiser early this morning.
She managed to drive it most of the way around the I-275 loop before police could stop her.
The wild ride came to an end on 275 in Greendale, Indiana when police deployed stop sticks and blew the front tires of a Forest Park police cruiser.
Mary Taylor, 20, was taken into custody after trying to run away on foot.
This all started about 60 miles away back in Forest Park hours earlier. Forest Park police say there were calls and several disturbances involving Taylor at a home on Hitchcock Drive.
Taylor’s mother said she was acting unusual and wasn’t taking psychiatric medication.
Police say a family member took Taylor to the hospital, but she was not admitted, and police were left with few options.
“When we had contact with her the officers were not able to determine that she was a danger to herself or to anyone else, so we did not have the authority to actually take her into custody and put her on a 72-hour psychiatric hold,” said Forest Park Chief Bill Arns.
Taylor wound up in the lobby of the police department, and apparently walked out the door and into a cruiser without anyone knowing. The officer was able to track it down.
“He used an app on his cellphone, because his cellphone was in the cruiser, and he saw that it was on 275 eastbound, by this time it was on Kellogg Avenue,” Arns said.
Police followed her at a distance through northern Kentucky, then Indiana cops stopped her.
How she was able to get into the cruiser isn’t clear. The chief says his officer is adamant he locked the cruiser when he exited it, but left it running because it was cold.
Taylor is now sitting in jail in Dearborn County, facing charges in Indiana and Ohio.
While arresting Taylor, a Lawrenceburg police officer suffered a minor injury and drove himself to the hospital.
- 07/13/19 Rochester, PA – Handcuffed Woman That Is Wanted In Texas For Robbery Steals Patrol Car After Punching And Kicking Police Officer – Captured Later After Chase
- 07/11/19 Jacksonville, NC – Armed Suicidal Man In Foot Chase Doubled Back And Stole A Jacksonville K9 Vehicle While K9 Was Looking For Him – 3 County High Speed Pursuit – Man Was Convinced Over The Police Radio To Surrender
- 07/5/19 Ferndale, MI – 24 Year Old Woman Steals Ferndale Police Car – Chase And Crash In Detroit – After Capture – She Says “She Just Wanted To Have Some Fun” – Officers Believe Mental Illness
- 07/3/19 Bullitt County, KY – Handcuffed Man With Multiple Warrants Steals Bullitt County Sheriff’s Car – Multiple State And Local Agencies Pursuit – Man Bails Out At Fairgrounds – Later Captured With Meth
- 06/29/19 El Dorado, AR – Shots Fired Call – Parole Suspect On Foot Chase Steals Patrol Car – Chase – Suspect Crashes Into Second Patrol Car – Officer Injuries – Break Into Home – Arrested
- 06/27/19 Winnipeg, CAN. – Marked Police Cruiser Stolen At Gas Station While Officers Were Apprehending Suspects – Winnipeg Police And RCMP Chase – Arrest On Highway
- 06/24/19 Nashua, NH – Traffic Stop – Man Not Involved Jumped Into Nashua Police Cruiser – Steals Police Cruiser While Officer Fights With Him – Crashes Into Fence And Porch – Bites Officer – Then Hits Park Bench
- 06/22/19 Surry RCMP, CAN. – Erratic Driver Stop – One Suspect Steals RCMP SUV – Patrol Car Crashed Into Train Station Fencing – Escaped
- 06/17/19 Tyndall, SD – Two Vehicle Accident – Four Passengers Given Comfort Sitting In Patrol Car – The Four Stole The Tyndall Patrol Car – Long 40 Mile Pursuit – 100 MPH According To Bon Homme Sheriff’s Office – Patrol Car Ran Out Of Gas – One Woman Captured – Three Escaped
- 06/8/19 Palisade, CO – Woman And Man Crash Vehicle – Woman Steals Colorado State Patrol Car – Hits Motorcycle And Several Others – Crashes – Captured