03/7/19 Forest Park, OH – 20 Year Old Woman In Lobby Of Police Station – Steals Running Patrol Car – She Is Chased Into Kentucky And Indiana – Spike Strips – Ran Into Ditch
A woman is facing a list of charges in at least two states, after taking off in a police cruiser early this morning.
She managed to drive it most of the way around the I-275 loop before police could stop her.
The wild ride came to an end on 275 in Greendale, Indiana when police deployed stop sticks and blew the front tires of a Forest Park police cruiser.
Mary Taylor, 20, was taken into custody after trying to run away on foot.
This all started about 60 miles away back in Forest Park hours earlier. Forest Park police say there were calls and several disturbances involving Taylor at a home on Hitchcock Drive.
Taylor’s mother said she was acting unusual and wasn’t taking psychiatric medication.
Police say a family member took Taylor to the hospital, but she was not admitted, and police were left with few options.
“When we had contact with her the officers were not able to determine that she was a danger to herself or to anyone else, so we did not have the authority to actually take her into custody and put her on a 72-hour psychiatric hold,” said Forest Park Chief Bill Arns.
Taylor wound up in the lobby of the police department, and apparently walked out the door and into a cruiser without anyone knowing. The officer was able to track it down.
“He used an app on his cellphone, because his cellphone was in the cruiser, and he saw that it was on 275 eastbound, by this time it was on Kellogg Avenue,” Arns said.
Police followed her at a distance through northern Kentucky, then Indiana cops stopped her.
How she was able to get into the cruiser isn’t clear. The chief says his officer is adamant he locked the cruiser when he exited it, but left it running because it was cold.
Taylor is now sitting in jail in Dearborn County, facing charges in Indiana and Ohio.
While arresting Taylor, a Lawrenceburg police officer suffered a minor injury and drove himself to the hospital.
- 05/24/19 St. Augustine, FL – Rt. 95 Disabled Motorist – Woman Jumps Into Driver’s Seat Of St. John’s County Service Patrol Car – She Held The Steering Wheel As She Was Hauled Out Of The Driver’s Seat – Arrested
- 05/23/19 Montebello, CA- Masked Man On Camera Steals Marked Montebello Police SUV From Police Parking Lot – Unit #9 Has Been Missing For Several Days Before Searching For It – Firearms Are In This Patrol Car – Not Found Yet
- 05/22/19 Memphis, TN – Man Steals Southaven, MS Marked Police SUV – Crosses State Lines – Crashes In Memphis – Air Unit And K9 Caught Him
- 05/20/19 Ellicott City, MD – Howard County Police Responded And Arrested A Shoplifter – Handcuffed In Police SUV – Suspect Stole The Marked Police SUV – Pursuit And Captured
- 05/18/19 Brentwood, TN – Hit And Run Accident Suspect Captured – In Handcuffs Steals Brentwood Patrol Car – Chased Down Highway – Jumps Out And Runs – Captured
- 05/9/19 Brevard County, FL – An Orange County Marked Patrol Car SUV Chased A Black Cadillac That Crashed Into A Cocoa Home Causing Extensive Damage – Officers At Crash Scene Saw The Stolen Orange County SUV With Lights On Attempting To Pull Over Other Civilians – Later Found Abandoned Patrol Car
- 05/6/19 Grand Forks, ND – Man With Warrant Tries To Steal Officer’s Gun – Steals His Police Car – High Speed – Wrong Way On Highway – Crashes Into Semi – Killed On Impact
- 04/29/19 Pueblo, CO – Wrong Way Driver Stopped – Suspect Steals Colorado State Patrol Dodge Charger – State Trooper Dragged – Hurt – 100 MPH Chase For 36 Miles – Avoiding Spike Strips – Rollover – Totaled
- 04/27/19 Bedford County, TN- Inmate Escaped Custody-Suspect Steals Sumner County Deputies Car While He Was Outside the Patrol Car-Stolen Police Car Found in Nashville- Inmate Escaped
- 04/26/19 San Bernardino, CA – While Deputy Was Taking A Report – A Man Steals San Bernardino Marked Sheriff’s Car – Massive Search – Found 1 Hour Later – Struggle With Suspect – Arrested