03/17/19 Salem, OR – Man With Stolen Car Ran And Circled Back – Steals Salem Patrol Car – Man Barricaded Himself – SWAT Team Got Him
An attempt to arrest a man with warrants out for past crimes led to the stealing and abandonment of a police car, followed by a barricading inside of a home before an ultimate arrest in Salem on Saturday.
The Salem Police Department has reported that Jessie Guajardo, 30, from Salem, was arrested on the charges of Unauthorized Use of a Motor Vehicle, Attempt to Elude, Theft 1 and Trespass in the First Degree.
SPD says they made an attempt to contact Guajardo at approximately 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, as he was known to have felony warrants out for his arrest. When officers attempted to make contact, Guajardo fled on foot, eventually losing sight of the officers. At this point, the suspect circled back to the patrol vehicle, stealing the car and driving away..
Officers quickly located the vehicle near 23rd Street and Simpson Street, which had been abandoned by Guajardo, who was believed to be in a nearby home in the 2200 block of Simpson Street.
Attempts by patrol officers to make contact with Guajardo were unsuccessful, prompting SPD to call in the Salem Police SWAT Team.
Upon the arrival of the SWAT Team, Guajardo exited the residence and was placed under arrest without incident. The patrol vehicle that was stolen was not at all damaged.
Guajardo was transported to the Marion County Jail, where he is being lodged.
- 06/17/19 Tyndall, SD – Two Vehicle Accident – Four Passengers Given Comfort Sitting In Patrol Car – The Four Stole The Tyndall Patrol Car – Long 40 Mile Pursuit – 100 MPH According To Bon Homme Sheriff’s Office – Patrol Car Ran Out Of Gas – One Woman Captured – Three Escaped
- 06/8/19 Palisade, CO – Woman And Man Crash Vehicle – Woman Steals Colorado State Patrol Car – Hits Motorcycle And Several Others – Crashes – Captured
- 05/30/19 Kosciusko County, IN – 16 Year Old Runaway That Removed Her Ankle Bracelet After Crashing A Hyundai – In Handcuffs – Steals Sheriff’s Patrol Vehicle – Crashes Into Building – Breaks Into House – Multiple Charges – Meth Arrest
- 05/28/19 Sour Lake, TX – Man In Convenience Store Severely Beat To Critical Condition A Sour Lake Police Officer – He Stole His Police Car And It Was Found Abandoned On The Highway – Massive Search And Captured
- 05/24/19 St. Augustine, FL – Rt. 95 Disabled Motorist – Woman Jumps Into Driver’s Seat Of St. John’s County Service Patrol Car – She Held The Steering Wheel As She Was Hauled Out Of The Driver’s Seat – Arrested
- 05/23/19 Montebello, CA- Masked Man On Camera Steals Marked Montebello Police SUV From Police Parking Lot – Unit #9 Has Been Missing For Several Days Before Searching For It – Firearms Are In This Patrol Car – Not Found Yet
- 05/22/19 Memphis, TN – Man Steals Southaven, MS Marked Police SUV – Crosses State Lines – Crashes In Memphis – Air Unit And K9 Caught Him
- 05/20/19 Ellicott City, MD – Howard County Police Responded And Arrested A Shoplifter – Handcuffed In Police SUV – Suspect Stole The Marked Police SUV – Pursuit And Captured
- 05/18/19 Brentwood, TN – Hit And Run Accident Suspect Captured – In Handcuffs Steals Brentwood Patrol Car – Chased Down Highway – Jumps Out And Runs – Captured
- 05/9/19 Brevard County, FL – An Orange County Marked Patrol Car SUV Chased A Black Cadillac That Crashed Into A Cocoa Home Causing Extensive Damage – Officers At Crash Scene Saw The Stolen Orange County SUV With Lights On Attempting To Pull Over Other Civilians – Later Found Abandoned Patrol Car