03/12/19 Leonardtown, MD – St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office Chased Suspect After Traffic Damage – Crashes Through Closed Gate – Foot Chase – Circled Back – Charged For Attempted Unlawful Police Car Taking – Arrested
On March 11, 2019, Deputy Shelko responded to the 41500 block of Fenwick Street in Leonardtown for the reported hit and run vehicle collision.
Investigation determined the victim made contact with Doug Delahay Woodburn, age 18 of Leonardtown, in a parking lot. The victim was standing at the driver’s side window of Woodburn’s vehicle attempting to speak with him when Woodburn backed his vehicle into the victim’s vehicle, causing damage to the victim’s vehicle.
Woodburn then fled the scene. Shortly after the collision, Woodburn was observed operating his vehicle on St. Andrew’s Church Road. Deputies attempted to conduct a vehicle stop however Woodburn accelerated and turned onto a commercial driveway in the 42700 block of St. Andrew’s Church Road.
Woodburn continued on at a high rate of speed, crashing through a closed gate, destroying the gate. Woodburn then changed direction and proceeded back onto St. Andrew’s Church Road. A short time later, a citizen reported a vehicle disabled in a ditch on Fairgrounds Road.
Deputies responded to the disabled vehicle, and recognized it to be Woodburn’s vehicle. Woodburn was observed hiding in the woods, and was pursued by deputies on foot. While deputies were searching for Woodburn, a citizen reported an individual on foot matching Woodburn’s description had attempted to gain access to one of the marked police vehicles on scene. After not being able to access the locked police vehicle, the individual fled the area and ran back into the woods.
Woodburn was ultimately located in the backyard of a residence in the area and was arrested. Woodburn was charged with the following:
- Attempted Motor Vehicle/Unlawful Taking
- Malicious Destruction of Property
- Attempt by Driver to Elude Police in Official Police Vehicle by Failing to Stop
- Failure to Stop After Accident Involving Damage to Attended Vehicle
- 03/20/19 Waco, TX – Man Steals Waco Commander’s Police Dodge Charger – 20 Miles High Speed Chase With Lights And Sirens – Crash – Man Gets Out Yielding An Ax In Bullet Proof Vest And Mask – Steals Civilian SUV – Chase – Crash
- 03/19/19 New Windsor, NY – Disturbance Call – Woman Steals Town Patrol Car From Econolodge – Chased Through Three Towns – Arrested For Felonies
- 03/19/19 Logan, WV – Truck Stop – Shoplifting – Steals Logan Police Car – Police Cruiser Ran Out Of Gas – West Virginia State Police Captured
- 03/17/19 Salem, OR – Man With Stolen Car Ran And Circled Back – Steals Salem Patrol Car – Man Barricaded Himself – SWAT Team Got Him
- 03/13/19 Eugene, OR – Police Officer Stopped Two Suspicious Men – One Man Ran Away – Officer Foot Chase – Second Man Steals His Patrol Car – Second Officer Fires His Weapon At Man In Stolen Patrol Car – Patrol Car Found Abandoned
- 03/13/19 Heavener, OK – Man Escapes From Jail In Missouri – Kidnaps Woman In Oklahoma – Police Catch Man Sleeping In Kidnapped Victim’s Vehicle – Man Steals Patrol Car In Handcuffs – May Have Hit Moving Train And Crashed – Escaped – Manhunt
- 03/12/19 Leonardtown, MD – St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office Chased Suspect After Traffic Damage – Crashes Through Closed Gate – Foot Chase – Circled Back – Charged For Attempted Unlawful Police Car Taking – Arrested
- 03/7/19 Forest Park, OH – 20 Year Old Woman In Lobby Of Police Station – Steals Running Patrol Car – She Is Chased Into Kentucky And Indiana – Spike Strips – Ran Into Ditch
- 03/6/19 Buffalo, NY – Police SUV Stolen From Officer – Hit Another Vehicle – One Person Injured – Hit House
- 03/3/19 San Luis Obispo County, CA – CHP Assists Disabled Pick Up With Small Children Inside – Man Steals CHP Patrol Car – SLO Deputies Assisted – Chase – Flattened Tires – Further Investigation Reveals Woman Found Murdered – Under Investigation – SLO Deputies Disarmed – Bean Bag Took Him Down – Arrested