02/8/19 Columbus, OH – Overdose Call – Police Revive Man With Narcan – He Was Given CPR By Bystanders First – He Jumps In And Steals Their Police Cruiser – Escaped – Abandoned Cruiser
Columbus Police are searching for a man accused of stealing a cruiser Friday morning.
The cruiser was stolen around 9 a.m in the 600 block of East Gates. It was found before 9:30 a.m. in South Columbus.
Columbus Police have been searching for the suspect, who was later identified as Jeremy Davis, 25. Police said he stole the cruiser after he was revived using Narcan, which is an emergency treatment for a narcotic overdose.
Robert Stanley, daughter is dating suspect
“He seemed like groggy like he was ready to fall out or something,” said Robert Stanley. His daughter is dating Davis and told us he was visiting their apartment Friday morning before police were called. “When he (Davis) got into the living room he fell down on the floor and when he fell on the floor he stopped like breathing so I tried to help him out by giving him mouth to mouth and CPR and I was hollering for someone to call 911.”
When offices arrived they revived him but then found out Davis had an active warrant out for his arrest.
“The officers tried to apprehend him at that time a foot chase pursued and the suspect double backed and was able to enter one of the cruisers that was running,” said Sergeant Douglas Wilkinson with CPD.
After Davis stole the cruiser he ditched it in an alley near the intersection of South Pearl Street and East Woodrow Avenue, in Hungarian Village.
Davis took off running and a massive police presence blocked streets to try and locate the suspect. They also used K9’s but haven’t been able to locate him. The abandoned cruiser only had a few scratches but no one was hurt.
“That’s insane! That’s wild,” said a neighbor Brandon Donchez. “Get the help that you need man. Life is too short to go down that road.”
While Stanley had this to say to his daughter’s boyfriend, “He’s never coming here again because we don’t need this drama at my daughter’s house with her two children.”
According to court records, Davis is homeless and has a long criminal history including drug possession, theft, and now grand theft auto.
Police said Davis may not have a beard anymore but he has at least one face tattoo.
If you see Davis do not approach him call police right away.
- 06/17/19 Tyndall, SD – Two Vehicle Accident – Four Passengers Given Comfort Sitting In Patrol Car – The Four Stole The Tyndall Patrol Car – Long 40 Mile Pursuit – 100 MPH According To Bon Homme Sheriff’s Office – Patrol Car Ran Out Of Gas – One Woman Captured – Three Escaped
- 06/8/19 Palisade, CO – Woman And Man Crash Vehicle – Woman Steals Colorado State Patrol Car – Hits Motorcycle And Several Others – Crashes – Captured
- 05/30/19 Kosciusko County, IN – 16 Year Old Runaway That Removed Her Ankle Bracelet After Crashing A Hyundai – In Handcuffs – Steals Sheriff’s Patrol Vehicle – Crashes Into Building – Breaks Into House – Multiple Charges – Meth Arrest
- 05/28/19 Sour Lake, TX – Man In Convenience Store Severely Beat To Critical Condition A Sour Lake Police Officer – He Stole His Police Car And It Was Found Abandoned On The Highway – Massive Search And Captured
- 05/24/19 St. Augustine, FL – Rt. 95 Disabled Motorist – Woman Jumps Into Driver’s Seat Of St. John’s County Service Patrol Car – She Held The Steering Wheel As She Was Hauled Out Of The Driver’s Seat – Arrested
- 05/23/19 Montebello, CA- Masked Man On Camera Steals Marked Montebello Police SUV From Police Parking Lot – Unit #9 Has Been Missing For Several Days Before Searching For It – Firearms Are In This Patrol Car – Not Found Yet
- 05/22/19 Memphis, TN – Man Steals Southaven, MS Marked Police SUV – Crosses State Lines – Crashes In Memphis – Air Unit And K9 Caught Him
- 05/20/19 Ellicott City, MD – Howard County Police Responded And Arrested A Shoplifter – Handcuffed In Police SUV – Suspect Stole The Marked Police SUV – Pursuit And Captured
- 05/18/19 Brentwood, TN – Hit And Run Accident Suspect Captured – In Handcuffs Steals Brentwood Patrol Car – Chased Down Highway – Jumps Out And Runs – Captured
- 05/9/19 Brevard County, FL – An Orange County Marked Patrol Car SUV Chased A Black Cadillac That Crashed Into A Cocoa Home Causing Extensive Damage – Officers At Crash Scene Saw The Stolen Orange County SUV With Lights On Attempting To Pull Over Other Civilians – Later Found Abandoned Patrol Car