02/8/19 Columbus, OH – Overdose Call – Police Revive Man With Narcan – He Was Given CPR By Bystanders First – He Jumps In And Steals Their Police Cruiser – Escaped – Abandoned Cruiser
Columbus Police are searching for a man accused of stealing a cruiser Friday morning.
The cruiser was stolen around 9 a.m in the 600 block of East Gates. It was found before 9:30 a.m. in South Columbus.
Columbus Police have been searching for the suspect, who was later identified as Jeremy Davis, 25. Police said he stole the cruiser after he was revived using Narcan, which is an emergency treatment for a narcotic overdose.
Robert Stanley, daughter is dating suspect
“He seemed like groggy like he was ready to fall out or something,” said Robert Stanley. His daughter is dating Davis and told us he was visiting their apartment Friday morning before police were called. “When he (Davis) got into the living room he fell down on the floor and when he fell on the floor he stopped like breathing so I tried to help him out by giving him mouth to mouth and CPR and I was hollering for someone to call 911.”
When offices arrived they revived him but then found out Davis had an active warrant out for his arrest.
“The officers tried to apprehend him at that time a foot chase pursued and the suspect double backed and was able to enter one of the cruisers that was running,” said Sergeant Douglas Wilkinson with CPD.
After Davis stole the cruiser he ditched it in an alley near the intersection of South Pearl Street and East Woodrow Avenue, in Hungarian Village.
Davis took off running and a massive police presence blocked streets to try and locate the suspect. They also used K9’s but haven’t been able to locate him. The abandoned cruiser only had a few scratches but no one was hurt.
“That’s insane! That’s wild,” said a neighbor Brandon Donchez. “Get the help that you need man. Life is too short to go down that road.”
While Stanley had this to say to his daughter’s boyfriend, “He’s never coming here again because we don’t need this drama at my daughter’s house with her two children.”
According to court records, Davis is homeless and has a long criminal history including drug possession, theft, and now grand theft auto.
Police said Davis may not have a beard anymore but he has at least one face tattoo.
If you see Davis do not approach him call police right away.
- 02/17/19 Chapmanville, WV – DUI Suspect In Handcuffs Steals Police Cruiser – Hits 3 Civilian Vehicles And A Second Police Cruiser – Arrested
- 02/15/19 Rochelle Park, NJ – Burglary Suspect Caught By Residents On Second Floor – Jumps From Roof To Get Away – Jumps Into Police Car When He Thought It Was The Lyft That He Called – Arrested For Attempted Theft
- 02/10/19 Colorado Springs, CO – Suspicious Person Call – Man Jumps Into Marked Cruiser – High Speed – Rolls Marked Cruiser Several Times – Shutdown Highway For Hours
- 02/8/19 Columbus, OH – Overdose Call – Police Revive Man With Narcan – He Was Given CPR By Bystanders First – He Jumps In And Steals Their Police Cruiser – Escaped – Abandoned Cruiser
- 02/8/19 Turlock, CA – Parolee Enters Secure Area Of Police Station – Is Found Attempting To Steal Patrol Car – Captured
- 02/7/19 Chattanooga, TN – Man Fights With Police Officer – Steals Patrol Car – 100 MPH Chase – Gets Stuck In Mud – Police Had To Break Window – Handgun And Meth Found On Him
- 02/5/19 Corpus Christi, TX – Lengthy Pursuit – In Custody Suspect Steals Patrol Car – Slams Into Innocent Woman’s Vehicle with Three Juveniles – Five Taken To Hospital
- 02/4/19 Asheboro, NC – Randolph County Sheriff’s Officer Had A Family Member Steal A Patrol Car From The Home Of The Assigned Member – The Sheriff’s Officer Member Was Away At The Time – Totaled Patrol Car – 17 Year Old Arrested
- 02/3/19 Detroit, MI – Marked Dodge Charger Stolen While Officer Left It Running – Suspect Arrested Under The Influence
- 02/1/19 Kansas City, KS – Traffic Stop – Suspect Steals Marked Police Cruiser – Pursuit – Crash Into Ravine – Suspect Escapes – Tries To Climb In Taco Bell Drive Up Window – Arrested