02/8/19 Columbus, OH – Overdose Call – Police Revive Man With Narcan – He Was Given CPR By Bystanders First – He Jumps In And Steals Their Police Cruiser – Escaped – Abandoned Cruiser
Columbus Police are searching for a man accused of stealing a cruiser Friday morning.
The cruiser was stolen around 9 a.m in the 600 block of East Gates. It was found before 9:30 a.m. in South Columbus.
Columbus Police have been searching for the suspect, who was later identified as Jeremy Davis, 25. Police said he stole the cruiser after he was revived using Narcan, which is an emergency treatment for a narcotic overdose.
Robert Stanley, daughter is dating suspect
“He seemed like groggy like he was ready to fall out or something,” said Robert Stanley. His daughter is dating Davis and told us he was visiting their apartment Friday morning before police were called. “When he (Davis) got into the living room he fell down on the floor and when he fell on the floor he stopped like breathing so I tried to help him out by giving him mouth to mouth and CPR and I was hollering for someone to call 911.”
When offices arrived they revived him but then found out Davis had an active warrant out for his arrest.
“The officers tried to apprehend him at that time a foot chase pursued and the suspect double backed and was able to enter one of the cruisers that was running,” said Sergeant Douglas Wilkinson with CPD.
After Davis stole the cruiser he ditched it in an alley near the intersection of South Pearl Street and East Woodrow Avenue, in Hungarian Village.
Davis took off running and a massive police presence blocked streets to try and locate the suspect. They also used K9’s but haven’t been able to locate him. The abandoned cruiser only had a few scratches but no one was hurt.
“That’s insane! That’s wild,” said a neighbor Brandon Donchez. “Get the help that you need man. Life is too short to go down that road.”
While Stanley had this to say to his daughter’s boyfriend, “He’s never coming here again because we don’t need this drama at my daughter’s house with her two children.”
According to court records, Davis is homeless and has a long criminal history including drug possession, theft, and now grand theft auto.
Police said Davis may not have a beard anymore but he has at least one face tattoo.
If you see Davis do not approach him call police right away.
- 04/9/19 Oakdale, MN – Man Assaults Girlfriend With Motor Vehicle – Steals Marked Patrol Car – 75 MPH – Dangerous – Taunting On The Police Radio – Pit Maneuver Stop – Suicide By Cop Gestures With Cell Phone – Captured
- 04/5/19 Nashville, TN – Female Burglary Suspect Steals Metro Police Cruiser – Chase – Spike Strips – Damage
- 04/3/19 Albany, GA – Cordele Police Unmarked Explorer Stolen From Albany – BOLO – Has Lights And Sirens – No Weapons
- 04/2/19 Utica, MI – High Speed Chase Through Multiple Cities – Two Suspects Bail Out Of Vehicle – Police Run After Them On Foot – Third Suspect Bails Out Of Vehicle And Steals Sterling Heights Police Cruiser – Crash – Three Arrests
- 03/29/19 Harden County, TN – Inmate On Way To Methadone Clinic Slipped Out Of Her Handcuffs – Grabbed The Patrol Car Keys – Stole The Patrol Car – The Officer Was Dragged And Injured – Inmate Later Captured
- 03/20/19 Waco, TX – Man Steals Waco Commander’s Police Dodge Charger – 20 Miles High Speed Chase With Lights And Sirens – Crash – Man Gets Out Yielding An Ax In Bullet Proof Vest And Mask – Steals Civilian SUV – Chase – Crash
- 03/19/19 New Windsor, NY – Disturbance Call – Woman Steals Town Patrol Car From Econolodge – Chased Through Three Towns – Arrested For Felonies
- 03/19/19 Logan, WV – Truck Stop – Shoplifting – Steals Logan Police Car – Police Cruiser Ran Out Of Gas – West Virginia State Police Captured
- 03/17/19 Salem, OR – Man With Stolen Car Ran And Circled Back – Steals Salem Patrol Car – Man Barricaded Himself – SWAT Team Got Him
- 03/14/19 Louisville, KY – Three Juveniles Stole a Louisville Metro PD Unmarked Police Car – AR15 And Remington Shotgun Taken Out Of Stolen Vehicle – An Adult Also Arrested