1/6/19 Morrow County, OH – Crashed Stolen Pick Up – Distressed Woman In Underwear Runs Away And Back – Steals Morrow Deputy’s Patrol Car – Chase – Crash Into Tree – Apprehended
January 6, 2019
Authorities say a woman who crashed a stolen truck in Morrow County jumped into a police cruiser, leading deputies and state Highway Patrol troopers on a dangerous high-speed chase Saturday.
Troopers were dispatched to County Road 122 south of State Route 95 at 8:35 a.m.
Witnesses initially called for help after seeing a driver, who appeared to be a female, drive through closed bridge signs, travel across the bridge, then off into a grass yard. A Morrow County Sheriff’s Deputy caught up with the female matching the witnesses description down the road. She was only wearing a t-shirt and underwear, had scratches on the front of her legs and was bleeding, while she was screaming she had been raped. She continued walking through a field and the deputy was trying to keep up with her.
As the trooper arrived on scene and exited the patrol car to assist the deputy, the trooper walked around the front of his patrol car, and the female ran past him to the front passenger door. She jumped inside the cruiser through the passenger side, climbed across into the driver’s seat and drove off at a high rate of speed. The deputy was holding onto the vehicle in an attempt to prevent her from driving off, but the deputy eventually fell down to the ground.
The deputy and the trooper got into the deputy’s vehicle and pursued the female. OSHP dispatch was able to track the patrol car by GPS on State Route 314. Upon arrival, the patrol car had been crashed into a tree and was stuck in a ditch. The female took off running from the crash scene and was quickly apprehended by deputies.
First responders transported the woman to Ontario Medical Center for evaluation, where the Morrow County Sheriff’s Office will continue their investigation of her rape allegations.
The deputy was also treated at the scene for minor injuries and is expected to be OK, according to OSHP.
The Ohio Highway Patrol says they will be filing charges of receiving stolen property, failure to control, and obedience to traffic control devices against the female.
The incident remains under investigation.
- 01/19/19 Eureka, CA – Homeless Man Just Released From Jail Jumps Into Police Car To Steal It – Eureka Police Officer Pulls Him Out Of The Patrol Car – The Suspect Got The Shifter Into Neutral – While The Suspect Was Being Arrested The Patrol Car Rolled Over His Legs – Injured – To Hospital
- 01/19/19 Canton, OH – Man On Parole Steals On-Duty Marked Patrol Car By Smashing Window When Stopped – Identified Himself As A Police Officer – Had The Police Officer’s Identification – Struggle – Arrested
- 01/16/19 Atlanta, GA – Man Tries To Steal Atlanta Police Unmarked Police Car At Gas Station While Officer Was Filling Up – Mayor Protection Unit – Officer SHOOTS AND KILLS HIM
- 01/14/19 Elkton, MD – Crash Scene – Drunk Driver In Handcuffs Steals Police Car And Hits Fire Truck – Police Chase Into Delaware – Crashed Into Tree – Arrested Again
- 01/08/19 Spencer, OK Handcuffed man steals spencer Police Cruiser and drives away – Escaped
- 01/6/19 Morrow County, OH – Crashed Stolen Pick Up – Distressed Woman In Underwear Runs Away And Back – Steals Morrow Deputy’s Patrol Car – Chase – Crash Into Tree – Apprehended
- 01/06/19 Carrol County, SC Two inmates escape a work detail in a government stolen car found in Patrick County SC. Inmates on the run escaped.
- 01/3/19 Conroe, TX – Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office Is Searching For A Stolen Prairie View Unmarked Tahoe Police Vehicle
- 01/2/19 Orangeburg, SC – St. Matthews Man In Orangeburg Stopped Driving Stolen Columbia Airport Metro Police Department Vehicle – When Deputies Searched The Vehicle They Found White Powder – 9 mm Firearm – Digital Scales
- 1/1/19 Grand Rapids, MI – Early New Years Day – Call For A Fight With A Person With A Gun – A Woman Ran From The House And Stole A Grand Rapids Patrol Car – Drove Over Sidewalks – Ran Away – K9 Got Her