1/6/19 Morrow County, OH – Crashed Stolen Pick Up – Distressed Woman In Underwear Runs Away And Back – Steals Morrow Deputy’s Patrol Car – Chase – Crash Into Tree – Apprehended
January 6, 2019
Authorities say a woman who crashed a stolen truck in Morrow County jumped into a police cruiser, leading deputies and state Highway Patrol troopers on a dangerous high-speed chase Saturday.
Troopers were dispatched to County Road 122 south of State Route 95 at 8:35 a.m.
Witnesses initially called for help after seeing a driver, who appeared to be a female, drive through closed bridge signs, travel across the bridge, then off into a grass yard. A Morrow County Sheriff’s Deputy caught up with the female matching the witnesses description down the road. She was only wearing a t-shirt and underwear, had scratches on the front of her legs and was bleeding, while she was screaming she had been raped. She continued walking through a field and the deputy was trying to keep up with her.
As the trooper arrived on scene and exited the patrol car to assist the deputy, the trooper walked around the front of his patrol car, and the female ran past him to the front passenger door. She jumped inside the cruiser through the passenger side, climbed across into the driver’s seat and drove off at a high rate of speed. The deputy was holding onto the vehicle in an attempt to prevent her from driving off, but the deputy eventually fell down to the ground.
The deputy and the trooper got into the deputy’s vehicle and pursued the female. OSHP dispatch was able to track the patrol car by GPS on State Route 314. Upon arrival, the patrol car had been crashed into a tree and was stuck in a ditch. The female took off running from the crash scene and was quickly apprehended by deputies.
First responders transported the woman to Ontario Medical Center for evaluation, where the Morrow County Sheriff’s Office will continue their investigation of her rape allegations.
The deputy was also treated at the scene for minor injuries and is expected to be OK, according to OSHP.
The Ohio Highway Patrol says they will be filing charges of receiving stolen property, failure to control, and obedience to traffic control devices against the female.
The incident remains under investigation.
- 08/15/19 St. John’s County, FL – Wanted Felon In Accident – Combative – Steals Off Duty Lt. Unmarked – High Speed Chase – Pit Maneuver – Multiple Police Vehicles Crashed
- 08/15/19 Durham, CAN – 40 Year Old Man Chase In A Van – Foot Chase – Pushes Officer Into A Ditch And Tries To Steal His Marked Patrol Car – Captured
- 08/14/19 Milford, DE – 3 Juveniles Arrested After Stealing 5 Dodge Charger Police Cars – 2 Durangos And A Dodge Ram – State Police Pursuit Of Police Charger That Crashed Into A Tree – All 3 Arrested
- 08/13/19 Montebello, CA – Patrol Car Stolen From Police Station Found 1 Month Later – Totaled Over Embankment – Stolen Weapons – Police Equipment – 3 Arrested Had Weapons And Equipment
- 08/12/19 Coral Gables, FL – Police Cruiser Stolen From Officer’s Home – Rear Window Smashed – Abandoned
- 08/9/19 Charleston, WV – Man Harassing People In Emergency Room – Handcuffed And Placed Into Police Cruiser – Jumps Into Driver’s Seat And Tries To Steal It – Fights With Officers – Officers Saved The Vehicle
- 08/6/19 Montgomery County, OH – Passed Out Man In Pick Up Call – Man Steals Deputy’s Marked Patrol Car – 100 MPH Chase – Crashed Into Vehicles – Spike Strips – Captured
- 08/5/19 California – Marked CHP SUV Stolen After Foot Chase – Excess Of 100 MPH Chase – 3 County Pursuit – Four Car Crash – Hijacked Civilian Vehicles – Captured
- 08/2/19 Kent, WA – Woman Steals Kent Marked Tahoe – Half Hour Chase – Multiple Accidents – Many Patrol Cars Damaged
- 08/1/19 Santa Rosa, CA – Man Tried To Stab A Rosa Plaza Security Officer – Before Jumping Into A Sonoma County Sheriff’s Marked Unit – Deputy Shoots Suspect 3 Times Trying To Steal It