01/30/19 Fort Lauderdale, FL – Patrol Car Stolen – High Speed Pursuit In Pembroke Pines – Crashed Into Light Pole – Injured – Arrested
A man who stole a Fort Lauderdale police car crashed the vehicle after being spotted by police in Pembroke Pines, authorities say.
The car was taken from the officer’s home in that city, according to Fort Lauderdale police.
It was shortly after 2 a.m. Thursday when Pembroke Pines police were told that the stolen car was heading north on Palm Avenue in that city, according to Pembroke Pines Police Sgt. Viola Judon.
“Officers observed the vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed,” Judon said in a news release.
“The suspect refused to stop and in an effort to evade police capture, he struck a light pole and bailed out of the vehicle,” Judon said.
With the police car’s front end smashed into a utility pole near Pines Boulevard and Palm Avenue, the man took off running but was quickly caught.
Police identified him as Antwane Dwayne Jones, 33, of Pembroke Pines.
He was taken to a hospital to be medically checked, Judon said.
Jones will be facing charges that include theft of a marked police vehicle, fleeing and eluding and multiple traffic infractions.
- 06/17/19 Tyndall, SD – Two Vehicle Accident – Four Passengers Given Comfort Sitting In Patrol Car – The Four Stole The Tyndall Patrol Car – Long 40 Mile Pursuit – 100 MPH According To Bon Homme Sheriff’s Office – Patrol Car Ran Out Of Gas – One Woman Captured – Three Escaped
- 06/8/19 Palisade, CO – Woman And Man Crash Vehicle – Woman Steals Colorado State Patrol Car – Hits Motorcycle And Several Others – Crashes – Captured
- 05/30/19 Kosciusko County, IN – 16 Year Old Runaway That Removed Her Ankle Bracelet After Crashing A Hyundai – In Handcuffs – Steals Sheriff’s Patrol Vehicle – Crashes Into Building – Breaks Into House – Multiple Charges – Meth Arrest
- 05/28/19 Sour Lake, TX – Man In Convenience Store Severely Beat To Critical Condition A Sour Lake Police Officer – He Stole His Police Car And It Was Found Abandoned On The Highway – Massive Search And Captured
- 05/24/19 St. Augustine, FL – Rt. 95 Disabled Motorist – Woman Jumps Into Driver’s Seat Of St. John’s County Service Patrol Car – She Held The Steering Wheel As She Was Hauled Out Of The Driver’s Seat – Arrested
- 05/23/19 Montebello, CA- Masked Man On Camera Steals Marked Montebello Police SUV From Police Parking Lot – Unit #9 Has Been Missing For Several Days Before Searching For It – Firearms Are In This Patrol Car – Not Found Yet
- 05/22/19 Memphis, TN – Man Steals Southaven, MS Marked Police SUV – Crosses State Lines – Crashes In Memphis – Air Unit And K9 Caught Him
- 05/20/19 Ellicott City, MD – Howard County Police Responded And Arrested A Shoplifter – Handcuffed In Police SUV – Suspect Stole The Marked Police SUV – Pursuit And Captured
- 05/18/19 Brentwood, TN – Hit And Run Accident Suspect Captured – In Handcuffs Steals Brentwood Patrol Car – Chased Down Highway – Jumps Out And Runs – Captured
- 05/9/19 Brevard County, FL – An Orange County Marked Patrol Car SUV Chased A Black Cadillac That Crashed Into A Cocoa Home Causing Extensive Damage – Officers At Crash Scene Saw The Stolen Orange County SUV With Lights On Attempting To Pull Over Other Civilians – Later Found Abandoned Patrol Car