1/2/19 Orangeburg, SC – St. Matthews Man In Orangeburg Stopped Driving Stolen Columbia Airport Metro Police Department Vehicle – When Deputies Searched The Vehicle They Found White Powder – 9 mm Firearm – Digital Scales
January 2, 2019
A St. Matthews man is facing several charges after a deputy stopped him for allegedly driving a vehicle stolen from the Columbia Airport Metro Police Department.
Douglas E. Spigner, 67, of 113 Guinyard Road, is charged with one count each of possession of a stolen vehicle, possession of a firearm by a person convicted of a violent felony and first-offense possession of cocaine.
Spigner was taken into custody after a deputy spotted a 2018 Nissan Frontier with a Georgia license plate on Stilton Road at 12:34 a.m. Wednesday, according to an Orangeburg County Sheriff’s Office incident report.
The deputy stopped the vehicle and detained Spigner, its only occupant.
Spigner told deputies that someone gave him the vehicle, according to the incident report.
When deputies searched the vehicle, they found a white substance that appeared to be narcotics, two digital scales and a 9mm firearm and ammunition.
If convicted of the charges from Jan. 2, Spigner faces up to 15 years in prison and a maximum fine of $25,000.
- 08/15/19 St. John’s County, FL – Wanted Felon In Accident – Combative – Steals Off Duty Lt. Unmarked – High Speed Chase – Pit Maneuver – Multiple Police Vehicles Crashed
- 08/15/19 Durham, CAN – 40 Year Old Man Chase In A Van – Foot Chase – Pushes Officer Into A Ditch And Tries To Steal His Marked Patrol Car – Captured
- 08/14/19 Milford, DE – 3 Juveniles Arrested After Stealing 5 Dodge Charger Police Cars – 2 Durangos And A Dodge Ram – State Police Pursuit Of Police Charger That Crashed Into A Tree – All 3 Arrested
- 08/13/19 Montebello, CA – Patrol Car Stolen From Police Station Found 1 Month Later – Totaled Over Embankment – Stolen Weapons – Police Equipment – 3 Arrested Had Weapons And Equipment
- 08/12/19 Coral Gables, FL – Police Cruiser Stolen From Officer’s Home – Rear Window Smashed – Abandoned
- 08/9/19 Charleston, WV – Man Harassing People In Emergency Room – Handcuffed And Placed Into Police Cruiser – Jumps Into Driver’s Seat And Tries To Steal It – Fights With Officers – Officers Saved The Vehicle
- 08/6/19 Montgomery County, OH – Passed Out Man In Pick Up Call – Man Steals Deputy’s Marked Patrol Car – 100 MPH Chase – Crashed Into Vehicles – Spike Strips – Captured
- 08/5/19 California – Marked CHP SUV Stolen After Foot Chase – Excess Of 100 MPH Chase – 3 County Pursuit – Four Car Crash – Hijacked Civilian Vehicles – Captured
- 08/2/19 Kent, WA – Woman Steals Kent Marked Tahoe – Half Hour Chase – Multiple Accidents – Many Patrol Cars Damaged
- 08/1/19 Santa Rosa, CA – Man Tried To Stab A Rosa Plaza Security Officer – Before Jumping Into A Sonoma County Sheriff’s Marked Unit – Deputy Shoots Suspect 3 Times Trying To Steal It