01/14/19 Elkton, MD – Crash Scene – Drunk Driver In Handcuffs Steals Police Car And Hits Fire Truck – Police Chase Into Delaware – Crashed Into Tree – Arrested Again
A Cecil County man accused of causing a crash while driving drunk on Route 40 today allegedly stole a police car, then hit a fire truck and led police on a chase into Delaware.
No one was injured during the pursuit, which went from Elkton into Cecil County at about 3 p.m. today, reported Maryland State Police.
Tyree Jordan, 32, of Elkton, allegedly caused a crash at Route 40 and Melbourne Boulevard in Elkton just before 3 p.m. (Investigators found him to be at fault.)
Troopers arrested him for driving under the influence.
Jordan was restrained with handcuffs behind his back, and a seat belt, in the front passenger seat of a 2012 Chevrolet Caprice patrol car.
He was able to get his hand free while the trooper was following up with a tow truck driver.
Jordan then fled in the patrol car, striking a Singerly Fire Company fire truck, and leading police on a chase into Delaware.
He lost control of the patrol car and struck a tree on Route 896 off of Route 40 in Glasgow, Del., said State Police.
Delaware State Police troopers ultimately got custody of him. Jordan wasn’t injured in the crash and no other vehicles are believed to have been struck.
The investigation is ongoing.
- 02/17/19 Chapmanville, WV – DUI Suspect In Handcuffs Steals Police Cruiser – Hits 3 Civilian Vehicles And A Second Police Cruiser – Arrested
- 02/15/19 Rochelle Park, NJ – Burglary Suspect Caught By Residents On Second Floor – Jumps From Roof To Get Away – Jumps Into Police Car When He Thought It Was The Lyft That He Called – Arrested For Attempted Theft
- 02/10/19 Colorado Springs, CO – Suspicious Person Call – Man Jumps Into Marked Cruiser – High Speed – Rolls Marked Cruiser Several Times – Shutdown Highway For Hours
- 02/8/19 Columbus, OH – Overdose Call – Police Revive Man With Narcan – He Was Given CPR By Bystanders First – He Jumps In And Steals Their Police Cruiser – Escaped – Abandoned Cruiser
- 02/8/19 Turlock, CA – Parolee Enters Secure Area Of Police Station – Is Found Attempting To Steal Patrol Car – Captured
- 02/7/19 Chattanooga, TN – Man Fights With Police Officer – Steals Patrol Car – 100 MPH Chase – Gets Stuck In Mud – Police Had To Break Window – Handgun And Meth Found On Him
- 02/5/19 Corpus Christi, TX – Lengthy Pursuit – In Custody Suspect Steals Patrol Car – Slams Into Innocent Woman’s Vehicle with Three Juveniles – Five Taken To Hospital
- 02/4/19 Asheboro, NC – Randolph County Sheriff’s Officer Had A Family Member Steal A Patrol Car From The Home Of The Assigned Member – The Sheriff’s Officer Member Was Away At The Time – Totaled Patrol Car – 17 Year Old Arrested
- 02/3/19 Detroit, MI – Marked Dodge Charger Stolen While Officer Left It Running – Suspect Arrested Under The Influence
- 02/1/19 Kansas City, KS – Traffic Stop – Suspect Steals Marked Police Cruiser – Pursuit – Crash Into Ravine – Suspect Escapes – Tries To Climb In Taco Bell Drive Up Window – Arrested