01/14/19 Elkton, MD – Crash Scene – Drunk Driver In Handcuffs Steals Police Car And Hits Fire Truck – Police Chase Into Delaware – Crashed Into Tree – Arrested Again
A Cecil County man accused of causing a crash while driving drunk on Route 40 today allegedly stole a police car, then hit a fire truck and led police on a chase into Delaware.
No one was injured during the pursuit, which went from Elkton into Cecil County at about 3 p.m. today, reported Maryland State Police.
Tyree Jordan, 32, of Elkton, allegedly caused a crash at Route 40 and Melbourne Boulevard in Elkton just before 3 p.m. (Investigators found him to be at fault.)
Troopers arrested him for driving under the influence.
Jordan was restrained with handcuffs behind his back, and a seat belt, in the front passenger seat of a 2012 Chevrolet Caprice patrol car.
He was able to get his hand free while the trooper was following up with a tow truck driver.
Jordan then fled in the patrol car, striking a Singerly Fire Company fire truck, and leading police on a chase into Delaware.
He lost control of the patrol car and struck a tree on Route 896 off of Route 40 in Glasgow, Del., said State Police.
Delaware State Police troopers ultimately got custody of him. Jordan wasn’t injured in the crash and no other vehicles are believed to have been struck.
The investigation is ongoing.
- 08/15/19 St. John’s County, FL – Wanted Felon In Accident – Combative – Steals Off Duty Lt. Unmarked – High Speed Chase – Pit Maneuver – Multiple Police Vehicles Crashed
- 08/15/19 Durham, CAN – 40 Year Old Man Chase In A Van – Foot Chase – Pushes Officer Into A Ditch And Tries To Steal His Marked Patrol Car – Captured
- 08/14/19 Milford, DE – 3 Juveniles Arrested After Stealing 5 Dodge Charger Police Cars – 2 Durangos And A Dodge Ram – State Police Pursuit Of Police Charger That Crashed Into A Tree – All 3 Arrested
- 08/13/19 Montebello, CA – Patrol Car Stolen From Police Station Found 1 Month Later – Totaled Over Embankment – Stolen Weapons – Police Equipment – 3 Arrested Had Weapons And Equipment
- 08/12/19 Coral Gables, FL – Police Cruiser Stolen From Officer’s Home – Rear Window Smashed – Abandoned
- 08/9/19 Charleston, WV – Man Harassing People In Emergency Room – Handcuffed And Placed Into Police Cruiser – Jumps Into Driver’s Seat And Tries To Steal It – Fights With Officers – Officers Saved The Vehicle
- 08/6/19 Montgomery County, OH – Passed Out Man In Pick Up Call – Man Steals Deputy’s Marked Patrol Car – 100 MPH Chase – Crashed Into Vehicles – Spike Strips – Captured
- 08/5/19 California – Marked CHP SUV Stolen After Foot Chase – Excess Of 100 MPH Chase – 3 County Pursuit – Four Car Crash – Hijacked Civilian Vehicles – Captured
- 08/2/19 Kent, WA – Woman Steals Kent Marked Tahoe – Half Hour Chase – Multiple Accidents – Many Patrol Cars Damaged
- 08/1/19 Santa Rosa, CA – Man Tried To Stab A Rosa Plaza Security Officer – Before Jumping Into A Sonoma County Sheriff’s Marked Unit – Deputy Shoots Suspect 3 Times Trying To Steal It