01/14/19 Elkton, MD – Crash Scene – Drunk Driver In Handcuffs Steals Police Car And Hits Fire Truck – Police Chase Into Delaware – Crashed Into Tree – Arrested Again
A Cecil County man accused of causing a crash while driving drunk on Route 40 today allegedly stole a police car, then hit a fire truck and led police on a chase into Delaware.
No one was injured during the pursuit, which went from Elkton into Cecil County at about 3 p.m. today, reported Maryland State Police.
Tyree Jordan, 32, of Elkton, allegedly caused a crash at Route 40 and Melbourne Boulevard in Elkton just before 3 p.m. (Investigators found him to be at fault.)
Troopers arrested him for driving under the influence.
Jordan was restrained with handcuffs behind his back, and a seat belt, in the front passenger seat of a 2012 Chevrolet Caprice patrol car.
He was able to get his hand free while the trooper was following up with a tow truck driver.
Jordan then fled in the patrol car, striking a Singerly Fire Company fire truck, and leading police on a chase into Delaware.
He lost control of the patrol car and struck a tree on Route 896 off of Route 40 in Glasgow, Del., said State Police.
Delaware State Police troopers ultimately got custody of him. Jordan wasn’t injured in the crash and no other vehicles are believed to have been struck.
The investigation is ongoing.
- 06/17/19 Tyndall, SD – Two Vehicle Accident – Four Passengers Given Comfort Sitting In Patrol Car – The Four Stole The Tyndall Patrol Car – Long 40 Mile Pursuit – 100 MPH According To Bon Homme Sheriff’s Office – Patrol Car Ran Out Of Gas – One Woman Captured – Three Escaped
- 06/8/19 Palisade, CO – Woman And Man Crash Vehicle – Woman Steals Colorado State Patrol Car – Hits Motorcycle And Several Others – Crashes – Captured
- 05/30/19 Kosciusko County, IN – 16 Year Old Runaway That Removed Her Ankle Bracelet After Crashing A Hyundai – In Handcuffs – Steals Sheriff’s Patrol Vehicle – Crashes Into Building – Breaks Into House – Multiple Charges – Meth Arrest
- 05/28/19 Sour Lake, TX – Man In Convenience Store Severely Beat To Critical Condition A Sour Lake Police Officer – He Stole His Police Car And It Was Found Abandoned On The Highway – Massive Search And Captured
- 05/24/19 St. Augustine, FL – Rt. 95 Disabled Motorist – Woman Jumps Into Driver’s Seat Of St. John’s County Service Patrol Car – She Held The Steering Wheel As She Was Hauled Out Of The Driver’s Seat – Arrested
- 05/23/19 Montebello, CA- Masked Man On Camera Steals Marked Montebello Police SUV From Police Parking Lot – Unit #9 Has Been Missing For Several Days Before Searching For It – Firearms Are In This Patrol Car – Not Found Yet
- 05/22/19 Memphis, TN – Man Steals Southaven, MS Marked Police SUV – Crosses State Lines – Crashes In Memphis – Air Unit And K9 Caught Him
- 05/20/19 Ellicott City, MD – Howard County Police Responded And Arrested A Shoplifter – Handcuffed In Police SUV – Suspect Stole The Marked Police SUV – Pursuit And Captured
- 05/18/19 Brentwood, TN – Hit And Run Accident Suspect Captured – In Handcuffs Steals Brentwood Patrol Car – Chased Down Highway – Jumps Out And Runs – Captured
- 05/9/19 Brevard County, FL – An Orange County Marked Patrol Car SUV Chased A Black Cadillac That Crashed Into A Cocoa Home Causing Extensive Damage – Officers At Crash Scene Saw The Stolen Orange County SUV With Lights On Attempting To Pull Over Other Civilians – Later Found Abandoned Patrol Car